Post Reply

screwed the pooch on a root and now its dead. help needed

OP sirbrixalot

26th March 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
i just purchased a htc one max from y sprint carrier. ill save the long storys.
i rooted it just fine from what i could tell. unlocked it as well. the i tried flashing skydragon on it, and it seems it reduced the functionality. so naturally i didnt back anything up. and tried to remove it, or tried to flash another rom. can remember honestly its been a long two days trying to get this thing to at least back to factory. and so now the end result. there is no OS. the bootloader is still flashed to non stock with s on. and everytime i try to flash a rom it fails. tried adb sideload and that failed. tried the onclick factory reset. that fails. so far htc guru gets the furthest. it runs all the way through the installer gets to the end. and when it reboots it says no os installed. so im at a loss. my last ditch effort is gonna be just bring it back or smash it and claim insurance replacement.
any ideas would be fantastic
26th March 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Not to experienced on this side either but I have a good sense if development. Have you tried running rumrunner to get s-off. It sounds like you will need to be s-off. Also which custom recovery are you using?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th March 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #3  
pradeepvizz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 639
 
1,983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Look for sprint RUU, i am not sure if that is around, that should get you back on business.
27th March 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkEIzMyName

Not to experienced on this side either but I have a good sense if development. Have you tried running rumrunner to get s-off. It sounds like you will need to be s-off. Also which custom recovery are you using?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i think i tried rumrunner. i dont recall. ive tried so much stuff its all a blur.ill have to go back and try again to be sure and im using the team win flashed recovery.
27th March 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepvizz

Look for sprint RUU, i am not sure if that is around, that should get you back on business.

i tried to look for a sprint ruu and the one i found was corrupt. go ****ing figure. any suggestions where i might find one?
27th March 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #6  
pradeepvizz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 639
 
1,983 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbrixalot

i tried to look for a sprint ruu and the one i found was corrupt. go ****ing figure. any suggestions where i might find one?

how do you say it's corrupt, have you heard of an encrypted RUU?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes