Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashlight apps

Tip us?
 
Airstream25
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default [Q] Flashlight apps

About 2 years have past since a similar question was posted so here goes again;

Are there any flashlight apps that just turn on the LED without asking for all sorts of suspicious permissions like;

Network communication
view network connections
full network access
view Wi-Fi connections
receive data from Internet
Phone calls
read phone status and identity
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Your applications information
retrieve running apps
Camera
take pictures and videos
Development tools
change system display settings
System tools
modify system settings
test access to protected storage
 
joshm.1219
Old
#2  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,284
Posts: 3,028
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philadelphia
How about the built in widget?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
 
iclick
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 91
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
How about the built in widget?
I don't see it in my widget list. Is it a downloadable widget?
 
mike.s
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 150
Posts: 537
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25 View Post
Are there any flashlight apps that just turn on the LED without asking for all sorts of suspicious permissions like;
TeslaLED.
 
Oishikatta
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 150
Join Date: Mar 2014
I use the xposed module that turns it on when you hold volume up while the screen is off, for me it's much more convenient than an app or the quicksettings widget.
 
trollishtrucker
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2014
On stock the widget is called assistive light.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
joshm.1219
Old
#7  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,284
Posts: 3,028
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iclick View Post
I don't see it in my widget list. Is it a downloadable widget?
It's called assistive light

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
 
ammjr71
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Webster, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Here's one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25 View Post
About 2 years have past since a similar question was posted so here goes again;

Are there any flashlight apps that just turn on the LED without asking for all sorts of suspicious permissions like;

Network communication
view network connections
full network access
view Wi-Fi connections
receive data from Internet
Phone calls
read phone status and identity
Storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Your applications information
retrieve running apps
Camera
take pictures and videos
Development tools
change system display settings
System tools
modify system settings
test access to protected storage
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rto.flashlight

It just needs camera permissions to turn on the flash

The Following User Says Thank You to ammjr71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
flashlight app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


LuneOS Goes Official and Brings webOS to Android Devices

webOS has had rather turbulent history. Initially developed by Palm, the Linux … more

Try to Keep Up with Just Swipe Game

Sometimes, the simplest of games are the ones that end up beingthe most addictive and end up consuming … more

MultiROM Ported to the Moto E

Few categoriesof Android development are as intrinsically interestingas the ability to boot into multiple … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Control Google Play Wake Locks – XDA Developer TV

Xposed Modules are usually pretty simple. There are a few … more