Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

AT&T 4.4.2 RUU Rom.zip Decrypted

OP clsA

26th March 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #1  
clsA's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,141
 
4,202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Here's the Rom.zip I pulled from the AT&T 4.18.502.7 RUU


Encrypted version is Removed until i find another source (file was damaged, sorry for any inconvenience )

This will work if your s-off and your modelid: PN0712000 and CID: CWS__001
or you can EDIT the Android-info.txt to match your MID and CID
Decrypted version is here >> http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580500

Huge thanks to @nkk71 for decrypting the files
And another Big thanks to @AndroidFileHost for the source RUU
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Cingular_US_4.18.502.7_de crypted.ROM.zip

Instructions for flashing

If your s-on be sure the bootloader is locked

fastboot oem lock

Copy your downloaded file to your fastboot / adb folder
Rename the file Rom.zip
open a command prompt in the same folder (shift + right click - command prompt here )

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot commands:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait for the Silver HTC logo

fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

most times the green status bar does not reach the 100% mark. So when the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot


I find these files much easier to use than the RUU.exe and these can be flashed with a MAC or Linux ....Have Fun !!
Last edited by clsA; 30th March 2014 at 12:08 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,065
 
6,174 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
28th March 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
607 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Here's the Rom.zip I pulled from the AT&T 4.18.502.7 RUU

This will work if your s-on and your modelid: PN0712000 and CID: CWS__001
Encrypted version is here >> http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580207


This will work if you s-off and your modelid: PN0712000 and CID: CWS__001
or you can EDIT the Android-info.txt to match your MID and CID
Decrypted version is here >> http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580500

Huge thanks to @nkk71 for decrypting the files
And another Big thanks to @AndroidFileHost for the source RUU
RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Cingular_US_4.18.502.7_de crypted.ROM.zip

Instructions for flashing


Copy your downloaded file to your fastboot / adb folder
Rename the file Rom.zip
open a command prompt in the same folder (shift + right click - command prompt here )

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot commands:

fastboot oem rebootRUU

wait for the Silver HTC logo

fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. You have to issue the exact command again:

fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

most times the green status bar does not reach the 100% mark. So when the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot


I find these files much easier to use than the RUU.exe and these can be flashed with a MAC or Linux ....Have Fun !!

thanks again, much appreciated! I will give it a few more minutes but I work at 6am!
29th March 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 31
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
a little help please
I just put my One back to stock. S-on, relocked, tamper gone, etc When I try to update using the above method i get

C:\Android>fastboot flash zip Rom.zip
sending 'zip' (1519630 KB)...
FAILED (remote: 02 data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.002s

any ideas? thank you!
29th March 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #5  
clsA's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,141
 
4,202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrfl1k6

I just put my One back to stock. S-on, relocked, tamper gone, etc When I try to update using the above method i get

C:\Android>fastboot flash zip Rom.zip
sending 'zip' (1519630 KB)...
FAILED (remote: 02 data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.002s

any ideas? thank you!

I just tested it and had the same problem ...I'll update when I get the new file uploaded
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

I just tested it and had the same problem ...I'll update when I get the new file uploaded

I'm also having the same issue. Have you been able to figure out what is wrong?
24th July 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #7  
clsA's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,141
 
4,202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDoey

I'm also having the same issue. Have you been able to figure out what is wrong?

Well near as I can tell the RUU did not originate from HTC, someone was able to create it and sign it same as HTC would. But the files behave differently than the "Real" HTC RUU. The only solution I found was to use the True HTC RUU from 3.xx.502.x and OTA to 4.xx.502.x to 5.xx.502.x. It requires s-off to flash the OTA's so it's not the perfect solution for everyone.
26th October 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #8  
Sli2cooL's Avatar
Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
HEllo, friend now i feel very dissapointed thus i was not able to update my phone is a htc one M7 7120 from AT$T running this useless firmware 1.26.502.12, im in Colombia myabe thats why the AT&T system update is not working and i tried to run that RUU 3.X.502... but it still giving me the ERROR 158, any idea how can i update this phone? Thank man hope u can answer me.
26th October 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #9  
majmoz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344
 
1,175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sli2cooL

HEllo, friend now i feel very dissapointed thus i was not able to update my phone is a htc one M7 7120 from AT$T running this useless firmware 1.26.502.12, im in Colombia myabe thats why the AT&T system update is not working and i tried to run that RUU 3.X.502... but it still giving me the ERROR 158, any idea how can i update this phone? Thank man hope u can answer me.

  • Is your bootloader locked/relocked?
  • Are you S-OFF or S-ON?
  • What is the CID?
  • Is this the RUU 3.17.502.3 that you are trying to run?
  • You will not get any AT&T updates if you are not on the AT&T network!
  • If you are not S-OFF, I would recommend obtaining S-OFF then rebrand your phone to the International (.401) variant. Then you could get the OTA updates and not worry about the AT&T network.
30th October 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #10  
Sli2cooL's Avatar
Member
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

  • Is your bootloader locked/relocked?
  • Are you S-OFF or S-ON?
  • What is the CID?
  • Is this the RUU 3.17.502.3 that you are trying to run?
  • You will not get any AT&T updates if you are not on the AT&T network!
  • If you are not S-OFF, I would recommend obtaining S-OFF then rebrand your phone to the International (.401) variant. Then you could get the OTA updates and not worry about the AT&T network.

Hello mate, thanks for the reply, now that you mention it sounds pretty interesting to rebrand to phone to int. variant, but... How do i ado that? Right now im running 4.18.502.7 Stock for AT&T, i would not liek to bother you so much but is there any way to do that i wouls appreciate the help.

Yes im S-OFF and yes im unlocked, TWRP tho, CWS__001, hboot 1.44.000000 and rooted.

Once again thanks for the help.
Last edited by Sli2cooL; 30th October 2014 at 05:06 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes