Turn Any GSM HTC M8 Variant into a Dev Edition Phone

HTC’s M8 has been, since its release, a fantastic device to play with. HTC truly … more

Enjoy Music Your Way with Flare

There are various things that people look for in a music player. Most of them are spread out across various … more

Back Up Your Telephony Data

XDA Recognized Developerbartitopresents thenewTelephony Data Backup app, to make manual or automated backups of … more

Change CyanogenMod 12 Lock Screen Wallpaper

By default, Android uses the same wallpaper for home screen and lock screen. With this guide by … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Huge Battery Killing service on the HTC One

OP zerogun

25th April 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

188 posts
And it is..... auto brightness!

Not sure why, but after going to 4.4.2 my battery life sucks. Nothing helps. I have greenify, AppOps, disable service, and my phone sleeps like a baby. I then turned auto brightness off and my phone battery is back to normal. I can actually go a full day without having to run for a charger now. My screen on time went from 3 hours to 4 hours. My Android OS and And Kernel(OS) went down a lot too.

To fix the issue with brightness, I downloaded Lux AutoBrightness. But only use the "Adjust On Wake" option. It will only adjust brightness once, when you turn the screen on, rather than constantly accessing the ambient light sensor.

Note that I have a GPE HTC One. Folks on Sense may have varying results.
2nd May 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogun

And it is..... auto brightness!

Not sure why, but after going to 4.4.2 my battery life sucks. Nothing helps. I have greenify, AppOps, disable service, and my phone sleeps like a baby. I then turned auto brightness off and my phone battery is back to normal. I can actually go a full day without having to run for a charger now. My screen on time went from 3 hours to 4 hours. My Android OS and And Kernel(OS) went down a lot too.

To fix the issue with brightness, I downloaded Lux AutoBrightness. But only use the "Adjust On Wake" option. It will only adjust brightness once, when you turn the screen on, rather than constantly accessing the ambient light sensor.

Note that I have a GPE HTC One. Folks on Sense may have varying results.

I feel the same way and it is pissing me off. It sucks so bad that I got another phone. I'll give this a try and report back in a few days.

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to citionecent For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citionecent

I feel the same way and it is pissing me off. It sucks so bad that I got another phone. I'll give this a try and report back in a few days.

thanks

any updates on sense 6.6
20th November 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy ditto
I made the mistake of actually checking and accepting the update from AT&T recently, and hate it. Absolutely hate it. I want my scrolling gallery on the lock screen back, and the battery life is absolutely horrid, burns it up at least twice as fast. Just posting here to affirm to anyone looking - DO NOT UPDATE.

Now to find a way to step back down, or change the rom entirely...
1st December 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 851

1,710 posts
Donate to Me
No such thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs0lut3z33r0

any updates on sense 6.6

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Folks who have taken the ota have reported this,I would run latest ruu and see if that fixes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghent96

I made the mistake of actually checking and accepting the update from AT&T recently, and hate it. Absolutely hate it. I want my scrolling gallery on the lock screen back, and the battery life is absolutely horrid, burns it up at least twice as fast. Just posting here to affirm to anyone looking - DO NOT UPDATE.

Now to find a way to step back down, or change the rom entirely...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread