FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Accidental calls to 911

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By sa.guly10, Member on 7th July 2013, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The touch of HTC One is so wrongly caliberated that touching anywhere on the screen answers the call (results in unwilling answer of calls when taking the phone out of pocket) or the emergency number 911 gets dialled from lock screen when the phone is in pocket...

Just now I got a call from the Sheriff's department about a 911 call made from my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to sa.guly10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th July 2013, 08:25 PM |#2  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Been using since it came out and has never happened to me. I'm going with user error on this one.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
7th July 2013, 08:32 PM |#3  
Flag Clifton Park, NY
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP17

Been using since it came out and has never happened to me. I'm going with user error on this one.

This. I even have home to wake enabled and it's never done this.

7th July 2013, 09:49 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP17

Never has happened to me. This is obviously user error. What a waste of a thread.

7th July 2013, 09:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i can actually attest that this can happen cause it happened to me as well with my HTC One. I got a random call from the police department that my phone dialed the emergency number, all while my phone was in my back pants pocket
8th July 2013, 02:48 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Definitely not a stupid thread. My friend has had a one for a few weeks now, and he keeps on complaining about how often he calls 911 from his pocket...
8th July 2013, 07:29 AM |#7  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Maybe try disabling apps that causes the screen to turn on like some notifications. If it still occurs, try showing it to an AT&T rep. They should replace it.

Sent from the "ONE" phone for me
8th July 2013, 04:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Project

Never has happened to me. This is obviously user error. What a waste of a thread.

If you have nothing to add, then why bother to reply. Seems a waste of time for you, since you have such important things to attend to. Since you think personal attacks are ok, how about you go back down into moms basement and clean up you room, mmkay?

This has never been an issue with any other phone I've owned, but it's happened twice to me now. I couldn't care less, and I don't consider it user error.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martyagt4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2013, 05:44 PM |#9  
Flag Enterprise
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I did it 5 times in one day. I used to have no lock screen with just a password but now I have both and almost all notifications that turn the screen on are disabled. So far so good.
8th July 2013, 07:16 PM |#10  
Flag Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,341

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyagt4

If you have nothing to add, then why bother to reply. Seems a waste of time for you, since you have such important things to attend to. Since you think personal attacks are ok, how about you go back down into moms basement and clean up you room, mmkay?

This has never been an issue with any other phone I've owned, but it's happened twice to me now. I couldn't care less, and I don't consider it user error.

Even if that was actually a personal attack that doesn't make it okay for you to do it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
8th July 2013, 07:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I feel your pain, OP. Although I haven't had this issue with my One yet, I've dialed 911 from my pocket twice so far with my Galaxy S4. I turned off the "increase screen sensitivity" option, so hopefully it doesn't happen again. Either way, I think I'm just somehow bumping the "emergency dialer" thing from inside my pocket with the pattern lock set-up. Maybe you're inadvertently doing the same.

Ironically enough, a few minutes after being reprimanded by them for my latest 911 pocket call, 911 accidentally returned the favor and dialed my number by mistake

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread