Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][YP-GS1]how do i make the battery percentage make it update every 1%? not every 20

Tip us?

kryptonify
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q][YP-GS1]how do i make the battery percentage make it update every 1%? not every 20

How do i make the battery percentage update every 1%? cuz my device updates it every 20% of the battery. using' yp-gs1 eu'

drakonizer
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androthan View Post
Sorry, thats not possible. It's a thing the Samsung Bootloader "SBL" manages.
I think he's talking about the battery indicator in the status bar. You have to modify the xml files related to the battery indicator in the framework-res.apk and put the valid images in the drawable folder You must, however, have basic knowledge of decompiling/compiling apk files. There might be a ROM based on your firmware whose framework-res.apk you can use, or there are multiple guides you can google for, and modify your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to drakonizer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kryptonify
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonizer View Post
I think he's talking about the battery indicator in the status bar. You have to modify the xml files related to the battery indicator in the framework-res.apk and put the valid images in the drawable folder You must, however, have basic knowledge of decompiling/compiling apk files. There might be a ROM based on your firmware whose framework-res.apk you can use, or there are multiple guides you can google for, and modify your own.
Yup im talking about battery icon on status bar. Ive searched some guides. I already have images to replace the icons etc. And ive come to point where i should edit xml, but i cant open the xml file. I tried notepad++, notepad, xml editors online. But no good, or im not really allowed to open it? any help would be great!

drakonizer
Old
(Last edited by drakonizer; 26th March 2014 at 06:25 AM.) Reason: Typo
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonify View Post
Yup im talking about battery icon on status bar. Ive searched some guides. I already have images to replace the icons etc. And ive come to point where i should edit xml, but i cant open the xml file. I tried notepad++, notepad, xml editors online. But no good, or im not really allowed to open it? any help would be great!
You have to decompile the apk first. Use apktool to decompile and then open the xmls using Notepad++.

kryptonify
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonizer View Post
You have to decompile the apk first. Use apktool to decompile and then opne the xmls using Notepad++.
Oh ok, cuz i used winrar to extract the xml file/s. im gonna try to use apktool.