Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q][YP-GS1]how do i make the battery percentage make it update every 1%? not every 20

OP kryptonify

23rd March 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #1  
kryptonify's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
How do i make the battery percentage update every 1%? cuz my device updates it every 20% of the battery. using' yp-gs1 eu'
23rd March 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #2  
Androthan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 461
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Donate to Me
More
Sorry, thats not possible. It's a thing the Samsung Bootloader "SBL" manages.
24th March 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #3  
drakonizer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 152
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androthan

Sorry, thats not possible. It's a thing the Samsung Bootloader "SBL" manages.

I think he's talking about the battery indicator in the status bar. You have to modify the xml files related to the battery indicator in the framework-res.apk and put the valid images in the drawable folder You must, however, have basic knowledge of decompiling/compiling apk files. There might be a ROM based on your firmware whose framework-res.apk you can use, or there are multiple guides you can google for, and modify your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to drakonizer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #4  
kryptonify's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonizer

I think he's talking about the battery indicator in the status bar. You have to modify the xml files related to the battery indicator in the framework-res.apk and put the valid images in the drawable folder You must, however, have basic knowledge of decompiling/compiling apk files. There might be a ROM based on your firmware whose framework-res.apk you can use, or there are multiple guides you can google for, and modify your own.

Yup im talking about battery icon on status bar. Ive searched some guides. I already have images to replace the icons etc. And ive come to point where i should edit xml, but i cant open the xml file. I tried notepad++, notepad, xml editors online. But no good, or im not really allowed to open it? any help would be great!
25th March 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #5  
drakonizer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 152
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonify

Yup im talking about battery icon on status bar. Ive searched some guides. I already have images to replace the icons etc. And ive come to point where i should edit xml, but i cant open the xml file. I tried notepad++, notepad, xml editors online. But no good, or im not really allowed to open it? any help would be great!

You have to decompile the apk first. Use apktool to decompile and then open the xmls using Notepad++.
Last edited by drakonizer; 26th March 2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Typo
25th March 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
kryptonify's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonizer

You have to decompile the apk first. Use apktool to decompile and then opne the xmls using Notepad++.

Oh ok, cuz i used winrar to extract the xml file/s. im gonna try to use apktool.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes