Question Cannot flash any zip in custom recovery

OP Chewlo Green

26th March 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I have the galaxy s3 sph-l710 with the l710VPUCMK3 Knox bootloader and Philz recovery. when I try flashing any zip, no matter what it is, it says finding update, installing update, instalation aborted. then I get the android with the red triangle. I can still boot up just fine but I cant figure out why I cant install any zips. I have suspicions that its because of the knox bootloader. Any suggestions or advice?
26th March 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #2  
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ , Where ever's Free WiFi
Thanks Meter: 89

325 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewlo Green

I have the galaxy s3 sph-l710 with the l710VPUCMK3 Knox bootloader and Philz recovery. when I try flashing any zip, no matter what it is, it says finding update, installing update, instalation aborted. then I get the android with the red triangle. I can still boot up just fine but I cant figure out why I cant install any zips. I have suspicions that its because of the knox bootloader. Any suggestions or advice?

In my knowledge, Knox bootloader only blocks bootloader modifications.
Try using a different recovery, that might solve your problem
26th March 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewlo Green

eat sleep is right, i could be wrong but you should maybe downgrade to a non knox bootloader from there you could root and try to flash stuff. (look it up first i could be horribly wrong)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread