Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more
View Poll Results: Stay with Verizon unlimited data?
staying with Verizon unlimited 6 100.00%
moved or will move to T-mobil unlimited 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Unlimited Data

OP porscheoscar

3rd June 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
So I've had unlimited data for three years now. Actually it was the only reason reason I switched from T-Mobil. People said Verizon was expensive so I stayed with my unlocked original iPhone. I was going to wait for Verizon to offer the iPhone before switching but decided to jump into a Droid X and lock in the unlimited data. I signed up again with a Droid Razr and then again last October with the Note 3.

Anyhow, I'm amazed at easy it is to get into double digits on data. I rarely spend more than 30 minutes streaming YouTube or NetFlix yet I regularly go over 20GBs. I might stream 30 minutes of XM a day but never like a whole day thing either. There's no possible way I would go with a limited plan even if I had to buy a new phone outright at full retail every 12 months.

The other day at the mall I stopped by the T-mobil booth and they're offering basically my same plan with unlimited data for the same price, more or less $90 a month. Except with T-mobil you don't have to pay for the whole phone up front like Verizon, you can pay over time, a nice convenience. Sure LTE is great but even living near a major U.S. city my coverage is still spotty after nearly four years of using one LTE phone or another. I rarely get full strength LTE connection. On my commutte every day I run into the same dead spot so I have to switch over to pre-loaded content.

Has anyone dumped their Verizon's unlimited for T-mobil? Or are most here just waiting it out?
4th June 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 76

576 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheoscar

So I've had unlimited data for three years now. Actually it was the only reason reason I switched from T-Mobil. People said Verizon was expensive so I stayed with my unlocked original iPhone. I was going to wait for Verizon to offer the iPhone before switching but decided to jump into a Droid X and lock in the unlimited data. I signed up again with a Droid Razr and then again last October with the Note 3.

Anyhow, I'm amazed at easy it is to get into double digits on data. I rarely spend more than 30 minutes streaming YouTube or NetFlix yet I regularly go over 20GBs. I might stream 30 minutes of XM a day but never like a whole day thing either. There's no possible way I would go with a limited plan even if I had to buy a new phone outright at full retail every 12 months.

The other day at the mall I stopped by the T-mobil booth and they're offering basically my same plan with unlimited data for the same price, more or less $90 a month. Except with T-mobil you don't have to pay for the whole phone up front like Verizon, you can pay over time, a nice convenience. Sure LTE is great but even living near a major U.S. city my coverage is still spotty after nearly four years of using one LTE phone or another. I rarely get full strength LTE connection. On my commutte every day I run into the same dead spot so I have to switch over to pre-loaded content.

Has anyone dumped their Verizon's unlimited for T-mobil? Or are most here just waiting it out?

I live in the middle of nowhere and verizon coverage can't be beat.

Sounds like you have something "hidden" using your data, might explain for poor bandwidth complaint as well. I stream over an hour of Padora every day. Have multiple feeds and other apps updating every 15 minutes, game online,
regularly download 1gb+ ROM images, and have my game apps set to autoupdate over lte, and the most I've done is 12gb. That said I agree They will have pry unlimited from my hands before I give it up. I just played the upgrade transfer and SIM swap game to use my upgrade to get the note 3 and keep unlimited.
Last edited by gottahavit; 4th June 2014 at 02:01 AM.
4th June 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 67

473 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheoscar

I think this depends on where you live.
Is T-Mobile good where you live?

I think an unlimited data plan with Verizon is much more valuable than a T-Mobile unlimited data plan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
6th June 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
More
I actually tried out T-Mobile. I just bought a pre-paid sim and put it into my Note 3. I wanted to see how the coverage and data was. The coverage was decent, but the speeds were very slow. The other thing you should know is that T-mobile is not truly unlimited. You might have an unlimited amount of data, but once you hit a certain point, they start to throttle your bandwidth.

All in all, I decided to keep my Verizon account because the data is truly unlimited, and I have more coverage than any other carrier. However, I kept the t-mobile sim because they have unlimited data at no extra cost outside of the country.
8th June 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Greenwood Lake, NY
Thanks Meter: 9

152 posts
More
I Stick with Sprint. Last month. I have used over 30GB of Data.
8th June 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #6  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 222

812 posts
More
Verizon's overall coverage can't be beat. AT&T and T-Mobile might give you faster speeds in certain areas, but when it comes to having a decent connection everywhere, Verizon is tops. T-Mobile might(?) be better in your area, but you should ask around and do some research first. Here is a good site that shows coverage areas for the big 4 providers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmmarion

I actually tried out T-Mobile. I just bought a pre-paid sim and put it into my Note 3. I wanted to see how the coverage and data was. The coverage was decent, but the speeds were very slow. The other thing you should know is that T-mobile is not truly unlimited. You might have an unlimited amount of data, but once you hit a certain point, they start to throttle your bandwidth.

The top Unlimited plan is unlimited, including high-speed data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread