FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

please delete

3,830 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,743

By Lokifish Marz, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 6th February 2014, 10:11 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
please delete
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th February 2014, 10:12 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Tips & Suggestions, Common Fixes & Questions
please delete
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 12:49 AM |#3  
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Cant get PC to read watch in step 10 of flashing
I have an Omate 1/8 which arrived yesterday. I factory reset it. I got through steps 1-9 of the recent Rom update. When I tried 10, to connect my watch to my PC, it recognized a "removable disc G:" and told me to insert a disk, but it didn't/couldn't read the watch contents.
(The setup file in step 2 did properly set up according to my pc.)

Anyone able to suggest what I do?
7th February 2014, 12:54 AM |#4  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom19146

I have an Omate 1/8 which arrived yesterday. I factory reset it. I got through steps 1-9 of the recent Rom update. When I tried 10, to connect my watch to my PC, it recognized a "removable disc G:" and told me to insert a disk, but it didn't/couldn't read the watch contents.
(The setup file in step 2 did properly set up according to my pc.)

Anyone able to suggest what I do?

Are you trying to flash the ROM or trying to run the patch? They are two different things. This thread is for the Patch.
14th February 2014, 02:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
No root
Thanks for all your work so far on the x201! Having an issue of no root on the watch...

1. x201 Omate Truesmart
2. Omate_Truesmart_20140120.154604_v2.0
3. Not root after flashing 1.0.2 patch
4. Reverted back to stock, reflashed. Attempted the 1.0.1 version. Security Settings and SU say no root ("There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!")
14th February 2014, 02:41 AM |#6  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmcgwy

Thanks for all your work so far on the x201! Having an issue of no root on the watch...

1. x201 Omate Truesmart
2. Omate_Truesmart_20140120.154604_v2.0
3. Not root after flashing 1.0.2 patch
4. Reverted back to stock, reflashed. Attempted the 1.0.1 version. Security Settings and SU say no root ("There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!")

What OS?

EDIT;
What model?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 03:25 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

What OS?

Sorry Win7 x64

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote:

Sorry Win7 x64

And I have no idea why I wrote Win7.... its Win8.1 x64 =P

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Sorry Win7 x64

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

And I have no idea why I wrote Win7.... its Win8.1 x64 =P

Omate "Developer Edition" 1/8
14th February 2014, 03:31 AM |#8  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry Win7 x64
And I have no idea why I wrote Win7.... its Win8.1 x64
Omate "Developer Edition" 1/8

Is ADB installed?
Did you disable Quickboot?
Did you enable USB Debugging?
Did the Patch give any errors when you ran it?

Just hard wiped my dev unit, flashed stock Jan20 and ran the Patch v1.0.2. The only thing I had happen was SuperSU tell me the su binary needed to be updated. I am curious as you mention trying to install SuperSU, it's preinstalled by the Patch and should not have to be installed by the user.
14th February 2014, 04:09 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Is ADB installed?
Did you disable Quickboot?
Did you enable USB Debugging?
Did the Patch give any errors when you ran it?

Just hard wiped my dev unit, flashed stock Jan20 and ran the Patch v1.0.2. The only thing I had happen was SuperSU tell me the su binary needed to be updated. I am curious as you mention trying to install SuperSU, it's preinstalled by the Patch and should not have to be installed by the user.

I did all of that according to your instructions and didn't get any errors. Decided to wipe and return to stock, but got an error during flashing (status bar went to 100% really quick and an error popped up around 13 seconds). Watch won't respond to anything including plugging it into a wall charger. Will try with another computer to see if that helps, and then try pulling the battery if that doesn't work. Any advice to unbrick?
14th February 2014, 04:23 AM |#10  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I did all of that according to your instructions and didn't get any errors. Decided to wipe and return to stock, but got an error during flashing (status bar went to 100% really quick and an error popped up around 13 seconds). Watch won't respond to anything including plugging it into a wall charger. Will try with another computer to see if that helps, and then try pulling the battery if that doesn't work. Any advice to unbrick?

Those errors are really important. Knowing what the error and what color the was was tells me a lot of things. As far as the watch being unresponsive, battery pull or wait a few hours for the battery to die. If you don't want ot void the warranty I suggest waiting for the battery to die.

Something is not right then because if SuperSU (or any file file that matter) was not installed, the script would have given an error.

EDIT:
I don't want to seem like I'm not trying to help but I run the script 20-30 times before a release and use it about 10-15 times a day on a regular basis. In fact I use a slightly modified version to cut down on dev time.
14th February 2014, 04:42 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Those errors are really important. Knowing what the error and what color the was was tells me a lot of things. As far as the watch being unresponsive, battery pull or wait a few hours for the battery to die. If you don't want ot void the warranty I suggest waiting for the battery to die.

Something is not right then because if SuperSU (or any file file that matter) was not installed, the script would have given an error.

EDIT:
I don't want to seem like I'm not trying to help but I run the script 20-30 times before a release and use it about 10-15 times a day on a regular basis. In fact I use a slightly modified version to cut down on dev time.

Sounds good! SuperSU was installed, it just said the binaries weren't installed. I took off the screw covers for the waterproofing warranty, but one of the screws was stripped, so I think I'm out of luck...the watch is off so I don't think the battery will even drain. I guess it is time to see what Omate customer service is made of.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread