Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Few issues need help!!!! :)

Tip us?

Kwonyx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Few issues need help!!!! :)

I have a Cappy for sometime now and my power button no longer works Lol. If I pull the battery and reinsert it it will work. But in order to get my screen to work I now have to plug the charger in and use my Cappy till my screen times out. I have tried all the unlocking apps and slide to unlocks and nothing works.

So my next issue ....I have always wanted to root it and I have never done a root before. Can anyone help or guide me through the process ? I have heard that rooting and running a different ROM may work and fix my power button. Seeing as its not a hardware issue but a software issue.

ajeesh vijayan
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwonyx View Post
I have a Cappy for sometime now and my power button no longer works Lol. If I pull the battery and reinsert it it will work. But in order to get my screen to work I now have to plug the charger in and use my Cappy till my screen times out. I have tried all the unlocking apps and slide to unlocks and nothing works.

So my next issue ....I have always wanted to root it and I have never done a root before. Can anyone help or guide me through the process ? I have heard that rooting and running a different ROM may work and fix my power button. Seeing as its not a hardware issue but a software issue.
search for root...follow steps... if u have custom ROM it will have volume wake feature...

which version of android are u on
THANK ME IF I HELPED.....

Device : Samsung Galaxy s captivate kitkat with xposed framework

Device : LG OPTIMUS L3
Rom :CYANOGENMOD 9 ICS 4.0.4 with XPOSED FRAMEWORK and OVERCLOCK 1GHz with RAM EXPANDER