Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Don't use the new themes on 4.3 it causes bootloop

Tip us?

tico_ssa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Location Don't use the new themes on 4.3 it causes bootloop

Hi, speak from Brazil.

I'm here to warn you guys that the themes of Sony, those new (cute) themes simple put our Xperia SP to bootloop, don't use them in any circunstances.
I've made a lot of test in the firmware 12.1.0.266 and when i put any of those damn themes and turn off my phone, it justs enter in bootloop mode when i try to turn it on again.

Then i have to use SUS to recovery phone.

I'll repeat

DO NOT USE THE NEW THEMES IN ANY CIRCUNSTANCES.
UNFORTUNATELY SONY MESSED UP OUT PHONE.

just wanna warn you guys, sorry about the english.

jose78987
Old
Thanks Meter 6
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690742 this is the solution for Xperia V, T, TX...maybe work in your SP sorry for my bad english
Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

tico_ssa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Problem is that i don't wanna root my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose78987 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690742 this is the solution for Xperia V, T, TX...maybe work in your SP sorry for my bad english
Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
The problem is that i can't root my phone, don't wanna lose my drm keys or bravia engine...

ohmygel
Old
Thanks Meter 12
What themes?i am using the amazing spider themes and it works for me except the volume can't be seen. I tried restarting my phne and still works

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

QBerto
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...

tico_ssa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yeaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBerto View Post
Yeah what themes are u speaking of?

I tried.... Blue Water, Clean Foggy, Color Pixel, Craftsmanship, Noir, Amazing Spider-man 2, Tri Flat, Winter Snow, Woody and no one gimme problems.... well I lost volume bar xD, but all working good
I don't know if there are 4.4 exclusive themes, that ones could cause problems in SP, I hope u're not speaking of that (I repeat, I dunnno if there are 4.4 exlcusives)...
Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.
The only fix for that is using sus and wiping all data from the phone.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.

Pulsa
Old
Thanks Meter 57
@tico_ssa me and my friends didn't experienced it after a month using custom themes

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

UltraWelfare
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I used too custom themes...Don't know what's the problem but they work fine for me ^_^
Device : Xperia SP C5303 - DEAD
Custom ROM : Stock .266 Firmware Android 4.3
Bootloader : Locked

Don't forget to click the if I helped

pec0ra
Old
Thanks Meter 352

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tico_ssa View Post
Yea, at first everything was ok for me too, then, after a month my phone just don't boot to android when i put any theme that's not android's default theme.

For example:

If i put the theme Rock on or Craftsmanship or even Comic Pirate the phone works flawless, ok.... when i turn off my phone, it gets to bootloop when i turn it on again, this happens with any theme that's not android's default.

Sorry about the english, im just warning you, it can happen to any of you...My advice is to not use them and preven't futures headaches like i'm having losing all my data because of those damn themes.
How many time did it happen to you?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

QBerto
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tico_ssa View Post

For example:

oh.... that's weird indeed...

In my case I has to reboot phone a lot of times with custom themes, trying to get my volume bar again xD and nothing happened.... nor get my volume bar QQ xD
this is then another bug 4.3 related, as always, just happens in certain devices, can u share what model and what file system you have, mine is C5302 global 4.3
And you try using another tft?