BASICS ON HOW TO PORT CM10.1 based roms to Samsung Infuse 4G!
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM ON YOUR PHONE!
THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU DONT DO IT RIGHT. THIS CAN BOOTLOOP YOUR PHONE. SO BE PREPARED TO FIX BY GOING BACK TO STOCK. DONT RECOMEND NOOBIES TRYING NOT KNOWING HOW TO UNBRICK!
Hey guys this is some stuff i do for porting and you may find problems as you try feel free to ask, on here. If you are looking to port id recommend The Samsung captivate or Galaxy S I9000 But its up to you. Those too are a lot easier to port anyways. Porting a cm10.1 that is themed such as RemICS-JB and Avatar ROM and others! I use this method to port to the infuse there is many other ways, bottom of post one has some links! NOTE* some ports are easier than others! This can take from 30min to 1hr+.
POST #1 HOW TO PORT! (Last Updated 3/21/2013)
POST #2 EXTRAS! (Last Updated 3/18/2013)
POST #3 UPDATE YOUR ROM! & ADDING GAPPS OR TWEAKS! (Last Updated 3/6/2013)
POST #4 WASTEFUL STUFF! (Last Updated 3/6/2013)
PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!
- Get permition from the dev on the base you are going to use (for example scott) for his cm10
- Get permittion to port the rom from its own developer
- Give the proper thanks to people on your OP of port.STEPS OF PORTING:
1. Have the requirements installed
2. Make a folder on your desktop or where you want it with your port name on it
3. Download both your base rom and port rom to the folder you created
4. Unzlip both to separate folders (so you would have two folders)
5. Go to cm10.1 folder for infuse and go into settings then delete the following folders.(app, fonts, framework, media.)
6. Go to your roms folder and click system and copy and paste the folders u deleted from cm10.1. so copy (app, fonts, framework, media.) to cm10.1 in system folder
7. Go to your port folder then system/lib and copy all the files over but dont replace any files just tell it to add the missing files (DONT COPY OVER ANY FOLDERS)
8. After that go to your port folder system/lib and copy three folders to your cm10.1 system/lib (yes replace the 3 files) libandroid, libandroid_runtime, libandroid_servers.
9. Go to ur port and ur to system/etc/permissions and copy theand paste to ur cm10.1 folder (DONT OVER RIGHT ITS JUST ADDING ANY NEW FILES)
10. do the same as step 9 but to system/etc/init.d
11. [THIS STEP FIXES YOUR SEARCH HARD-KEY BUTTON] Go to cm10.1 system/usr/keylayout and open melfas_touchkey in notepad or notepad++ and change the following u can copy and paste. change "ASSIST" to "SEARCH" (this fixes ur search hard button) make sure to save any file u edit. (Note* SAVE AFTER DONE)
Click show to see example
ORIGINAL FROM CM10.1 Scott's
SHOULD LOOK LIKE:Code:Original: key 139 MENU VIRTUAL key 158 BACK VIRTUAL key 217 ASSIST VIRTUAL key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
Code:key 139 MENU VIRTUAL key 158 BACK VIRTUAL key 217 SEARCH VIRTUAL key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
12. Go back to your cm10.1 zip and open it in winrar or 7zip. extract app folder out. (system/app)
13. Copy Torch and InfuseSettings.apk over to the cm10.1 with your port on (system/app).
14. Open build.prop in your cm10.1 that u have been porting your rom on. (system folder) open build.prop in notepad++
15. Do a search for
Take off the cm10.1 name and put your Rom name and versionCode:ro.cm.version= ro.modversion= ro.build.display.id= ro.build.date=
For these lines add rom name and version for an example with my remics-jb new update:
Code:ro.cm.version=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0 ro.modversion=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0 ro.build.display.id=RemICS-JB-4.2-v3.0 ro.build.date=Sat Mar 2 00:40:42 PST 2013
16. Search and delete this:
17. Save build.prop, you are done for now!Code:ro.goo.developerid=scotthartbti ro.goo.rom=unofficialcm10 ro.goo.version=unofficialcm10.108019
18. Then go to cm10.1 folder where it says META-INF, system, bml_over_mtd, bml_over_mtd, etc... Select all and right click and zip them. (don't just zip the cm10.1 folder wont flash in recovery. it builds a folder in that folder like rom.name.here/rom.name.here/your rom files)
19. After that put the zip on your sdcard and flash away. (You may need to flash scotts gapps if not included)OTHERS TO LOOK AT:NOTE* I wont be able to answer everything but i can help if i know. Other devs can help pitch in as well!
- [GUIDE]How To Port Different ROMS to Your Device (Simplest and Fastest)
- This may help to! CLICK HERE!(your new best friend! )