Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cleaning camera lens from the inside

Tip us?

f4n471c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Camera Cleaning camera lens from the inside

Hey guys,

I was always a little disapointed about the picture quality of my camera. When I looked at the lens, I could see some dust, but it was on the inside.

Yesterday I found this video, which explains how to replace basicly every part of the device.
So I just removed the cover and was able to carefully clean the lens from the inside, and bam, nice pictures again .

Just FYI, for those who have the same problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to f4n471c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sasank360
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4n471c View Post
Hey guys,

I was always a little disapointed about the picture quality of my camera. When I looked at the lens, I could see some dust, but it was on the inside.

Yesterday I found this video, which explains how to replace basicly every part of the device.
So I just removed the cover and was able to carefully clean the lens from the inside, and bam, nice pictures again .

Just FYI, for those who have the same problem.
I faced same problem recently as my camera's shots were poor. Then I realised it must be the glass protection over it that is tampered. Got it sorted out at a service center. Anyway this video you pointed out is ideal and explains how to replace each and every part. Ofcourse warranty saves you a lot of trouble, this is for out of warranty servicing.

DaRkRhiNe
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I too tried disassembling my phone , but I couldn't go beyond those 6 screws because the black case (which in the video is removed by a pick) wouldn't come out...tried every thing
Even broke my nails in the process .
So I have to live with this ****y dusty lens
Is there any other way ?

f4n471c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
It is pretty hard to get it off. You need patience and the plastic tool. I used a screwdriver and damaged my chrome surrounding . So just be very carefull and follow the instructions in the video. It worked for me .
GT-I9070P on XXLPE / SlimKat ROM 4.4

Closed Force
Old
Thanks Meter 77
something that you cannot see in the video is that in order for screen to pop out you have to push it out pressing the speaker behind
S Advance i9070: CM11 by TeamCanjica

dheerajma007
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Useful

A very useful video. Thanks for sharing

iprsahoo
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default awsum

perfect thanks for sharing this video but i i would rather go to the service center to do the mentioned work...its may damage your device if you are a bit irresponsible

f4n471c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iprsahoo View Post
perfect thanks for sharing this video but i i would rather go to the service center to do the mentioned work...its may damage your device if you are a bit irresponsible
Yep, you really need to be careful.
I scrached my chrome frame while opening it. But it was already a little damaged before, so I don't really care
GT-I9070P on XXLPE / SlimKat ROM 4.4

wmfaiz
Old
Thanks Meter 43
i got a wire broke when i'm disassembling the phone
even motherboard i removed
that wire is related with signal
i got panicked luckily i found the only shop in my area that sell that wire eventhough it for s2
so the conclusion disassemble properly without blaming anyone for your own mistake