Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to customize font to the android recovery?

Tip us?

fentensoft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to customize font to the android recovery?

Hi, I'm trying to add a Chinese font to my recovery, but now I don't know how to do that. I found the minui/mkfont.c file which can generate the font header file. It reads data from a gimp_image structure that is generated by the GIMP software. I've tried to use the Bitmap Font Generator under Windows system to create a bmp file of my font, but after converting this bmp to a C header file via mkfont.c, it shows garbled characters on the phone. So anyone who knows how to convert my ttf font to a bmp image correctly? And which section in the font should I select?

I'll be very greatful if anyone can help.

Aadi
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by fentensoft View Post
Hi, I'm trying to add a Chinese font to my recovery, but now I don't know how to do that. I found the minui/mkfont.c file which can generate the font header file. It reads data from a gimp_image structure that is generated by the GIMP software. I've tried to use the Bitmap Font Generator under Windows system to create a bmp file of my font, but after converting this bmp to a C header file via mkfont.c, it shows garbled characters on the phone. So anyone who knows how to convert my ttf font to a bmp image correctly? And which section in the font should I select?

i need help on how did you convert bmp to c plz help
DEVICE:- LG-P350 (OPTIMUS ME/PECAN) & SONY XPERIA SP(C5302)

YES, I DO SUPPORT OPEN SOURCE FOLLOW ME THROUGH GITHUB
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK THANK ME BY PRESSING THANKS BUTTON

Aung Thiha
Old
(Last edited by Aung Thiha; 6th July 2014 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:

Have you got the solution. I'm trying to do that too.
Please help me if you got it. Of course, I'll help you if I made it.
And I don't know how to use mkfont.c either.
Thanks in advance.
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!

Aung Thiha
Old
(Last edited by Aung Thiha; 6th July 2014 at 03:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadi View Post
i need help on how did you convert bmp to c plz help
have you got a way to convert ttf to bmp?
I used BMFont( windows program) but I haven't tested it yet.

Aung Thiha
Old
(Last edited by Aung Thiha; 13th July 2014 at 04:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:

hey I found this.
chinese cwm
use that ruby script to generate a header file, It works fine for chinese characters. I've tested.
but It doesn't work for Myanmar font
Can anyone help me edit that script. I don't know ruby. Character ASCII codes for Myanmar is greater than/equal to 4096 and last than/equal to 4255.