XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q: 4.4.2 - Go to blue color instead white

Tip us?

Winudert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Phone Q: 4.4.2 - Go to blue color instead white

Hi guys. As I remember, battery, cell and Wi-Fi icons was blue at top left corner. In 4.4.2 it's white. Any way go back to blue?
In old devices box:
HTC Hero -- Samsung Galaxy S -- HTC Desire S -- Samsung Galaxy Tab -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus -- Sony Xperia Go (Defected) -- Samsung Galaxy S II -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 -- Samsung Galaxy Note -- Google Nexus 7 -- LG Optimus 4X HD -- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Still using:
Nokia Lumia 720 - Windows Phone 8 with Amber
Google Nexus 7 Gen2 - stock Android 4.4.2
LG G2 - stock Android 4.4.2

HTRN65
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yep, The Status Bar on our LG G2's has also changed to 2 shades of gray. Happened with the Upgrade to 4.4.2 -- also received more useless apps.

Have complained to my carrier AND to LG --- Maybe if enough rattles are placed on the vine to LG they will put it back....

LG is that main one to complain to and there is NO way to go back to getting the blue back on. Curious that they left the QSlide screen with "BLUE" and removed it from the Status bar. Probably one line of code.

Wait until LG starts making black and white HDTV's --- think of all the people lining up for that.

sanke1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Isn't that done to make the status bar completely transparent? I think that's KitKat feature. The blue status bar icon color would be very hard to implement because of full screen wallpaper might drown those colors. That is also the reason why the status bar has a grey shading from top to make the whites stand out if you apply a white wallpaper.