Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" X43Z60 Demo Unit help

Tip us?

Requin49
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" X43Z60 Demo Unit help

Hi,
I recently bought a Kindle Fire HD X43Z60 from the electrical retailer I work at for an absolute bargain price BUT I forgot about the demo mode on it. Now in many of our other tablets at work it's fairly simple to uninstall demo modes but seemingly not the KFHD, and after reading MANY forums and threads and watching LOTS of youtube videos I cannot find a straightforward and also up-to-date way to basically re-install the OS.

I am using Mac OS X Mavericks to do this but can get access to a windows 7 PC if necessary. I've also seen some debate about the success rates of the fastboot cables.
I really want to get this working so I can gift it to someone else especially as it was such a bargain.

Many thanks in advance!

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requin49 View Post
Hi,
I recently bought a Kindle Fire HD X43Z60 from the electrical retailer I work at for an absolute bargain price BUT I forgot about the demo mode on it. Now in many of our other tablets at work it's fairly simple to uninstall demo modes but seemingly not the KFHD, and after reading MANY forums and threads and watching LOTS of youtube videos I cannot find a straightforward and also up-to-date way to basically re-install the OS.

I am using Mac OS X Mavericks to do this but can get access to a windows 7 PC if necessary. I've also seen some debate about the success rates of the fastboot cables.
I really want to get this working so I can gift it to someone else especially as it was such a bargain.

Many thanks in advance!
You simply need a fastboot cable. There's an adapter that is even nicer you can just plug in-between a normal cable and the kindle that does the same thing here: http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factor...s-motadapt.htm

Now here's where i have to ask, is this the 2013 or 2012 kindle hd? You can tell based on if it has a camera. If it does its a 2012, if it doesn't, its a 2013. The 2012 can be restored to a normal os via kindle fire first aid, whereas we just worked out a way to restore a kindle fire hd 2013 so the script just came out i think.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

Requin49
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
You simply need a fastboot cable. There's an adapter that is even nicer you can just plug in-between a normal cable and the kindle that does the same thing here

Now here's where i have to ask, is this the 2013 or 2012 kindle hd? You can tell based on if it has a camera. If it does its a 2012, if it doesn't, its a 2013. The 2012 can be restored to a normal os via kindle fire first aid, whereas we just worked out a way to restore a kindle fire hd 2013 so the script just came out i think.
Hi, it has a camera on the front but none on the back so it must be the 2012 model so i just need the adapter then? whats the process once i have the adapter?

thanks for your help

stunts513
Old
(Last edited by stunts513; 27th March 2014 at 06:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 608

DONATE TO ME
Yes you just need an adapter, once you have that it will kick it into fastboot mode. You may need the drivers in my signature once it is in fastboot mode. Once you have the drivers installed use kindle fire first aid to restore the kindle. Once it does that you should have a fully working os and the ability to flash 2nd bootloader +twrp and another os like cm so you can have a complete android tablet.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null