Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] [Help] Red Screen Bricked KF2 [Have Fastboot Cable]

27th March 2014, 11:08 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So I managed to brick my rooted Kindle Fire 2nd Generation after trying to install a rom with TWRP app. Anyways, I have a fastboot cable, and the correct drivers and Android SDK, but when I plug in my cable, turn off the device (holding button for 20 seconds), then turn back on, it still goes to red screen immediately after the brief kindle fire logo, exactly the same without fastboot cable. What am I dong wrong?

Would really appreciate any help .

-Thanks,
Jacoobyman

28th March 2014, 09:13 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 614

2,234 posts
Donate to Me
More
You sure the fastboot cable works? If it does I would keep the device manager open and see if it is briefly being recognized as a adb device or not. If it briefly detects it then I would attempt a "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product", then plug the kindle into fastboot cable while off and see if that works, and yes I know that is typically meant for a 8.9" model but if its a weird circumstance then it couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 09:39 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

You sure the fastboot cable works? If it does I would keep the device manager open and see if it is briefly being recognized as a adb device or not. If it briefly detects it then I would attempt a "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product", then plug the kindle into fastboot cable while off and see if that works, and yes I know that is typically meant for a 8.9" model but if its a weird circumstance then it couldn't hurt to try.

No it does not detect it at all in device manager. not even briefly. :/
28th March 2014, 09:45 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 614

2,234 posts
Donate to Me
More
That sounds bad, I don't trust windows too much for debugging but I'm guessing Linux would say the same thing, what were you trying to flash that caused this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread