Originally Posted by astbnboy001
Ok i'm already able to flash into Amon Ra and within the Amon Ra recovery I have made a full backup and, under the "developer options"
tab I installed su. So since I'm apparently part rooted because I can flash into amon ra but there is a problem when attempting to install su from Amon Ra so I'll read some more because I don't want to brick my phone.
OK, then do it manually...
1) Download UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
, where x.xx is the current version (1.94 at the time of this posting) and place it in the root of your external storage (SD Card)
2) Reboot and start Amon Ra
3) Install/Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip
4) Wipe cache and dalvik (do not wipe/format anything else)
5) Reboot (will take longer than normal, be patient)
6) Open SuperSU and update the binary (it will prompt you if it needs to)
7) Go to Settings tab and scroll down to SYSTEM section, and select "Install SuperSU into /system", if it is grayed out and you can't select it, then it is already there. Reboot immediately if prompted.
8) Open the Play Store and install BusyBox
and Root Checker
9) Open BusyBox and grant it root permissions, after it goes through it's checks it should say something about "BusyBox xxxxx is installed. Busy Box is installed to /system/xbin", Select Busybox 1.22.1
will be installed to /system/xbin
and click INSTALL at the bottom and allow it to finish, then close Busybox
11) Open Root Checker and tab Verify Root, you should be good to go.
If this doesn't work, I would replace Amon Ra with TWRP or CWM and do it again.