Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 39,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

H or H+ on straight talk

Tip us?

Cap'n Jazz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default H or H+ on straight talk

I've read that it's possible to get H or H+ on straight talk..could somebody help me with that?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,785

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Jazz View Post
I've read that it's possible to get H or H+ on straight talk..could somebody help me with that?
id be the guy to help you through it
☢ LG G2 ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: NewBeta Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
☢ SGS Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: B14CKB1RD v2.2 beta Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC ReZound ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23 radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

acejavelin
Old
(Last edited by acejavelin; 6th April 2014 at 07:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 468

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Jazz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
id be the guy to help you through it
@REV3NT3CH is the true master of US based GSM on the Rezound, I am sure he can assist you.

That being said, I was never able to get better than HSPA (not +) on TracFone AT&T-based services but the service was still marginal at best, data speeds were very poor and it would often drop back to Edge... It is my understanding that the radios in the Rezound are not "tuned" for US GSM frequencies, so even in areas of good signal, the Rezound is still poor performer with US GSM services.

It is also my understanding that HSPA/HSPA+ is not possible on T-Mobile based services because the Rezound does not support the proper GSM frequencies (1700/2100Mhz AWS band).

Not trying to detract from what you are trying to do or recommend against it, but I am going to be honest here... I got so frustrated with trying to do anything with my Rezound on GSM I moved to a Nexus 4... And I liked that so much when my son's contract on his Droid Bionic expired I moved him to a Moto G GPE version on prepaid GSM (Go Phone right now, moving to AIO/Cricket Wireless this month). The Moto G outperforms the Rezound in every aspect, and the battery life is amazing with 5-7 hours of screen time and still going at the end of the day on a single charge (I get jealous compared to my N4 sometimes). All this in a 16GB Google Play Edition for $199... simple to unlock, root, restore to factory, ROM, etc. https://play.google.com/store/device...id=moto_g_16gb... of course, this is at the cost of a removable battery (sort of, it is replaceable, just not quite as easily) and SD card slot.

Just something to think about. I really hope you can get the Rez working on ST, but if not, there are some low cost answers.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P