Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

H or H+ on straight talk

OP Cap'n Jazz

27th March 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
I've read that it's possible to get H or H+ on straight talk..could somebody help me with that?
6th April 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 5,068

2,787 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Jazz

I've read that it's possible to get H or H+ on straight talk..could somebody help me with that?

id be the guy to help you through it
6th April 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 595

1,907 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH

id be the guy to help you through it

@REV3NT3CH is the true master of US based GSM on the Rezound, I am sure he can assist you.

That being said, I was never able to get better than HSPA (not +) on TracFone AT&T-based services but the service was still marginal at best, data speeds were very poor and it would often drop back to Edge... It is my understanding that the radios in the Rezound are not "tuned" for US GSM frequencies, so even in areas of good signal, the Rezound is still poor performer with US GSM services.

It is also my understanding that HSPA/HSPA+ is not possible on T-Mobile based services because the Rezound does not support the proper GSM frequencies (1700/2100Mhz AWS band).

Not trying to detract from what you are trying to do or recommend against it, but I am going to be honest here... I got so frustrated with trying to do anything with my Rezound on GSM I moved to a Nexus 4... And I liked that so much when my son's contract on his Droid Bionic expired I moved him to a Moto G GPE version on prepaid GSM (Go Phone right now, moving to AIO/Cricket Wireless this month). The Moto G outperforms the Rezound in every aspect, and the battery life is amazing with 5-7 hours of screen time and still going at the end of the day on a single charge (I get jealous compared to my N4 sometimes). All this in a 16GB Google Play Edition for $199... simple to unlock, root, restore to factory, ROM, etc. https://play.google.com/store/device...id=moto_g_16gb... of course, this is at the cost of a removable battery (sort of, it is replaceable, just not quite as easily) and SD card slot.

Just something to think about. I really hope you can get the Rez working on ST, but if not, there are some low cost answers.
Last edited by acejavelin; 6th April 2014 at 08:10 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread