Ask a question

No registration required

Sent phone to Sony repair and now it won't update

OP nurav666

25th March 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have a ZL C6506 and it's battery went out. So I sent the phone to Sony for repair. They replaced the battery and flashed the phone with an older software 4.2.2 version 10.31.A.0.244.
Now the problem is that when I go to "Update center" and search for updates, it says the phone is up to date. I know that's not true since my phone had been running 4.3 before dying.
I can't understand why my phone won't update. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force my phone to update? I tried through PC Companion but no dice. It says the phone is up to date too.

Please help!
Last edited by nurav666; 25th March 2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
25th March 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 143

307 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurav666

I have a ZL C6506 and it's battery went out. So I sent the phone to Sony for repair. They replaced the battery and flashed the phone with an older software 4.2.2 version 10.31.A.0.244.
Now the problem is that when I go to "Update center" and search for updates, it says the phone is up to date. I know that's not true since my phone had been running 4.3 before dying.
I can't understand why my phone won't update. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force my phone to update? I tried through PC Companion but no dice. It says the phone is up to date too.

Please help!

Can you post your build.prop in /system/ ? Not sure if its possible without root. With adb it is simple, just use adb pull /system/build.prop.
26th March 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 42

86 posts
Download any stock firmware in .ftf format from the forums and use flashtool (http://www.flashtool.net/download.php) to flash it to your phone.
Flashtool doesn't care if your device is up to date or not. It just writes the content of .ftf files to the right partitions on the device.

If you want to check if repair service destroyed your Xperia, do not flash the newest stock firmware. Download an older one. After flashing the older firmware,
try to update via PC Companion. It should work now. If not, send it back to Sony and tell them they bricked your device.
Last edited by CokeJunkee; 26th March 2014 at 03:38 AM.
26th March 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dhuri, Punjab
Thanks Meter: 1,880

985 posts
Donate to Me
More
May be they replaced your handset with a prototype
26th March 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #5  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 33

86 posts
More
I also faced this similar issue. I bought a second ZL (c6506) last week that came with 4.2.2 (10.3.1.A.2.67) and I don't see any update on PC companion or SEUS. It looks like 4.3 update has been pulled for some reason here in the US.

I'll post my build.prop later this evening.
27th March 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Ended up using flashtool with a FTF to update to 4.3. It erased all my data but oh well, I redownloaded everything and now I have 4.3. I just hope I'll be able to update to 4.4 OTA or through PCC when it comes out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread