Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Ouya Arcade Cabinet

OP ajb999

28th April 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

82 posts
Just wanted to share a couple pics of an arcade cabinet built using the ouya. This is a link to a video of neon shadow being played on it. The vid is from before we finished the control box. There are some other vids on the same channel. http://youtu.be/sRDOYn7WhJk

Last edited by ajb999; 29th April 2014 at 04:50 AM. Reason: added vid link
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajb999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
I just decided last night that I was going to see if it was practical to use the OUYA instead of an XP machine to power the arcade cabinet that I'm going to be building. I see now that it is. It looks great, man. What did you use for the controls and how did you make them respond to the OUYA?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium HD app
3rd May 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

82 posts
We are currently using 2 xin-mo boards. One per player. The OUYA will recognize them as USB inputs. Just have to create your own custom file for android to load on startup. This took lots of trial and error. We have got it working with the majority of OUYA games with our gamepad. There are a very few that don't though. You can also use OUYA controllers at the same time for up to whatever amount a players the game allows. Our customer! Controls work great with emulators and with the 2 joystick config are awesome on OUYA fps games also. We just received an arduino board we are going to try to use to add more options and get 100% compatibility with all games. Even at this point there is no reason to use an actual controller unless you want to.
4th May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

82 posts
Started painting the cabinet. The trim should really set it off once it's installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajb999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

82 posts
More pics, vids, and info on the arcade cabinet at https://plus.google.com/+BurdbroscustomarcadeUs/posts
15th May 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 34

273 posts
Absolutely love this. Awesome job!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
15th May 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper the dog

Looks like buffet hutch. Good to see the sales of copyrighted roms is going good for you.

good day.

We do not include any Roms with the cabinet. The OUYA comes the same as it would come out of the box except we add the files necessary for it to work with our controls and setup. It is up to the owner to put whatever games they want on it. It is their cabinet after all. We can sell just the cabinet also and it is easy enough for someone to plug their OUYA in and go. They would just have to copy a few files that would take less than a minute to do.
15th May 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfisted

Absolutely love this. Awesome job!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! The tmolding is suppose to be here today. Hopefully that will be installed in the next few days depending on our work schedule. Once we sell this one I want to build a 4player one for myself. It's way too much fun to play. Using the control box as arcade controls inside on the big screen TV is sweet too.
Last edited by ajb999; 15th May 2014 at 05:52 PM.
19th May 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 485

1,061 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb999

We do not include any Roms with the cabinet. The OUYA comes the same as it would come out of the box except we add the files necessary for it to work with our controls and setup. It is up to the owner to put whatever games they want on it. It is their cabinet after all. We can sell just the cabinet also and it is easy enough for someone to plug their OUYA in and go. They would just have to copy a few files that would take less than a minute to do.

Don't mind him, he's notorious for trolling. No sane person would think that you are actually including roms as part of the sale.

It seemed like a strange concept at first, but once I thought about it I realized the OUYA probably is the cheapest and best cpu you could build a cabinet with.
19th May 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 83

615 posts
Looks pretty awesome. I built an arcade cabinet once, but stupidly did not measure the hallway/door to my room, got pissed, and smashed it to pieces. Looked cool in the garage for a while though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread