Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

5in1 OTG Host Adapter SD Card Reader for Note 3

Tip us?

aaa111sss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default 5in1 OTG Host Adapter SD Card Reader for Note 3

Did anyone have this card reader for note 3. I'd love to buy one, but one of the main uses would be to backup photos from CF & SD Cards to the 32g internal, whilst we are travelling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaa111sss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Wow, this looks cool! I hope someone has tried it and it does work for us. Thanks!

TechGoon954
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa111sss View Post
Did anyone have this card reader for note 3. I'd love to buy one, but one of the main uses would be to backup photos from CF & SD Cards to the 32g internal, whilst we are travelling.
I just ordered this one from Amazon for $12. It has the USB port on the other side and it's a 16 GB. works perfect.
Here's the link if you want to check it out.....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31EgQXxqCCL.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	2627053  
TechGn954
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TechGoon954 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mp119519
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Wow, this looks cool! I hope someone has tried it and it does work for us. Thanks!
They have a video review at the bottom of product's page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJBn2vUiLo

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp119519 View Post
They have a video review at the bottom of product's page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJBn2vUiLo
That's why I said it looks cool. I'd rather hear a real user's experience than rely on the manufacturer's possibly faked video.

oilfighter
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I'm curious to know if it can support more than 1 devices at a time (the video doesn't show that). Like, can I have a SD card + USB drive both plugged in, and transfer data between them, or SD Card + a mouse at the same time etc.

mp119519
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
That's why I said it looks cool. I'd rather hear a real user's experience than rely on the manufacturer's possibly faked video.
I placed an order on it today. I will post my feedback here.

snn47
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I won't use anytything large extending from imho fragile µUSB B port in fear of accidentially damiging it.

Thats why I use an extension cable where a 90° connector just barely extends from the Note e.g. DELOCK 83104 or if you want no cable DELOCK 65473

Then add a Delock USB2.0-Stick with micro SD Slot. They are available from 1 GB up to 32 GB (DELOCK 54276).

Together its not larger then the various USB-A & µUSB-B Sticks, but safer for the Notes fragige µUSB-B port.

mp119519
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Quote:
I placed an order on it today. I will post my feedback here.
Was very skeptical about this because of the low price, and not branded.
I tested it with a Samsung Galaxy Note III phone. i plugged the SD card from a camera, and it detected the card and let me view the pictures.WHEN IT DETECTS THE DEVICE, A MSG APPEARS ON THE TOP LINE.I tried an 8 GB thumb drive. i was able to see my Word docs. I opened one with QUICKOFFICE, and it worked great.