Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sick of these carriers add this mobile advertising junk!

Tip us?
 
howie411
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 133
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default Sick of these carriers add this mobile advertising junk!

FYI, Sprint installs something called Luemn ToolBar and when you click on it it brings up Sprint Mobile Advertising program. Make sure you disabled this cr$p.
The Following User Says Thank You to howie411 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SteelH
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2897
Posts: 2,954
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie411 View Post
FYI, Sprint installs something called Luemn ToolBar and when you click on it it brings up Sprint Mobile Advertising program. Make sure you disabled this cr$p.
Thats why you root your phone. Remove crap you dont want. Problem solved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sikclown
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie411 View Post
FYI, Sprint installs something called Luemn ToolBar and when you click on it it brings up Sprint Mobile Advertising program. Make sure you disabled this cr$p.
You can uninstall that Toolbar as well as all the other crapware, I'm looking at you NASCAR App.
 
schmeggy929
Old
#4  
schmeggy929's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 874
Posts: 1,333
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
You can uninstall that Toolbar as well as all the other crapware, I'm looking at you NASCAR App.
You can uninstall a bunch of apps, but that toolbar you can't until we are rooted. Some sprint apps, Nascar, NBA you can.

Theme and skins for Sprint Evo 4G LTE: Kang Kong Red for Evo 4G LTE

Theme for Asus TF700T: Kang Kong Red for Asus TF700T
 
fr0st420
Old
#5  
fr0st420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 374
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kaukauna, WI

 
DONATE TO ME
I just disabled the toolbar in app settings for now

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
 
exSD
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 674
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929 View Post
You can uninstall a bunch of apps, but that toolbar you can't until we are rooted. Some sprint apps, Nascar, NBA you can.
You probably can't uninstall the app if it is in /system until you are S-OFF. But you can flash a stock ROM with it removed with an unlocked bootloader + custom recovery.
 
Raech
Old
#7  
Raech's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 69
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisville
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
You can uninstall that Toolbar as well as all the other crapware, I'm looking at you NASCAR App.
LOL! Yea I uninstalled this crapware too. What really made me mad was the crap Sprint ID added today. Fortunately I had just read what Sprint ID is. Or else I woulda thought my default profile was gone. Changed it back in the app and deleted the crapware that added too. Today I hate you Sprint. It is my phone not yours. Ugh.
HTC One M8 in gunmetal Android 4.4.2 stock with Sense 6.0
Google Nexus 7 2012 (16GB - I won it from a forum during CES) stock
 
schmeggy929
Old
#8  
schmeggy929's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 874
Posts: 1,333
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by exSD View Post
You probably can't uninstall the app if it is in /system until you are S-OFF. But you can flash a stock ROM with it removed with an unlocked bootloader + custom recovery.
Yes /system is still write protected. Most ROMs will have all this bloatware removed.

Also unlock bootloader, then root and use your favorite app to freeze them until then.

Theme and skins for Sprint Evo 4G LTE: Kang Kong Red for Evo 4G LTE

Theme for Asus TF700T: Kang Kong Red for Asus TF700T
 
k000
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 444
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raech View Post
LOL! Yea I uninstalled this crapware too. What really made me mad was the crap Sprint ID added today. Fortunately I had just read what Sprint ID is. Or else I woulda thought my default profile was gone. Changed it back in the app and deleted the crapware that added too. Today I hate you Sprint. It is my phone not yours. Ugh.
That shyte does not let you revert properly..

I had to reconfigure my pages after I removed it..
 
Raech
Old
#10  
Raech's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 69
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisville
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
That shyte does not let you revert properly..

I had to reconfigure my pages after I removed it..
Weird mine reverted fine. Buggy crap.
HTC One M8 in gunmetal Android 4.4.2 stock with Sense 6.0
Google Nexus 7 2012 (16GB - I won it from a forum during CES) stock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more