Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OG One or One M8

Tip us?

MJScore
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default OG One or One M8

For those of you that have come from the original One, are you happy with the M8? Is it a worthy upgrade? I know that there are no roms out yet but I'm wondering to use my upgrade yet or wait?
HTC One M8
Rom: None Yet
Recovery: TWRP

ticklemepinks
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJScore View Post
For those of you that have come from the original One, are you happy with the M8? Is it a worthy upgrade? I know that there are no roms out yet but I'm wondering to use my upgrade yet or wait?
well the sd card was upgrade enough for me alone, but i love the battery life, it's beast and the camera look good to me too
ticklemepinks nuff said sweetie!

tommason1968
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I'm coming from the og one, but I haven't got the phone yet

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

uh60james
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Had the OG One, switched to the Nexus 5 and now have the M8. I am extremely happy with the M8 and will probably end up keeping this longer than either of those.

tbonanno231
Old
Thanks Meter 750
This phone is beautiful, smoking fast, the screen is large and vivid; it's the best I've seen. I say go for it. [emoji106]

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

slayer69
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
M7? whats that?? lol I have been on the M8 now for 2 days and have forgotten all about the M7. This upgrade was well worth it. Love getting the SD card back and like everyone else has said...its fast....super fast, beautiful screen, solid build and the camera is fun.
The Worst Bad Seed!!!

Phone: HTC ONE!!!
Change Sprint Banner-EVO 3D:Here
Themes: EVO 4g: Slayer69's Dragon Theme | EVO 3D Port | EVO 4G LTE
Mods: Asus Dual Battery Widget for Transformer Prime

Help my Evo Application Fund:

volk9029
Old
Thanks Meter 2538
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer69 View Post
M7? whats that?? lol I have been on the M8 now for 2 days and have forgotten all about the M7. This upgrade was well worth it. Love getting the SD card back and like everyone else has said...its fast....super fast, beautiful screen, solid build and the camera is fun.
I agree with you 100 %. If your area is blessed with spark, even more so.

Sent from my lair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1396472565905.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2665038  

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2778
This is exactly the quandary I find myself in. Saw the m8 at Verizon and messed with it. Must say i was underwhelmed. Trying to decide now between N5 and M7, mostly.

Spark is wicked fast, but I don't know if my market will get it (just north of Seattle).

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

thesabri
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Well I love them both... My only complaint is lack of vlte. I was looking forward to canceling my mifi... I got it bc my area didn't have lte and I had become spoiled by phones that allow me to surf and talk on Sprint... Sigh

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

JohnCorleone
Old
Thanks Meter 5762

DONATE TO ME
Keeping my SIM unlocked M7 on T-Mobile because I get great LTE everywhere around Brea, Yorba Linda, Anaheim at $70 unlimited everything.

Using an upgrade for the M8 (Best Buy has Gold and Gunmetal Black for Sprint at $199) in about a week. The same area has great Spark coverage. My M7 is customized exactly how I want it with all of the possible extras but the M7 feels like an American muscle car (powerful sturdy with straight lines) and the M8 is like a Ferrari with blazing speed and great curves. I was using the store salesman model and I got a pop up to swipe up with 5 fingers I believe and I was instantly connected with 7 TV's across the store. I just hope Spark is somewhere near these pics I have seen ...the map says I am in the center of a big area of coverage

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2