FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Got a chromecast? Must have app!

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 113

By Carloskeee, Member on 28th March 2014, 03:37 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Got my M8 this morning, amazing phone. i came across a app called LocalCast. for Chromecast users. its free. and can cast any video or picture you have on your phone to the TV. NO ROOT NEEDED. works good on my M8. i use my phone for everything and figured id let you guys know about this app if you didn't already, i download a lot of movies from various sites and it casts them effortlessly. AND WIRELESSLY! im so excited about the app i had to share lol.

but not sure if this should go in ChromeCast General or here? hmm, oops.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carloskeee For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th March 2014, 06:14 PM |#2  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloskeee

Got my M8 this morning, amazing phone. i came across a app called LocalCast. for Chromecast users. its free. and can cast any video or picture you have on your phone to the TV. NO ROOT NEEDED. works good on my M8. i use my phone for everything and figured id let you guys know about this app if you didn't already, i download a lot of movies from various sites and it casts them effortlessly. AND WIRELESSLY! im so excited about the app i had to share lol.

but not sure if this should go in ChromeCast General or here? hmm, oops.

Your in the right forum. Yes ,this has been available for a while now. Its a great thing to have ! Also, if you have a Xbox One and click on "media output" in settings you can cast right to it as well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DirtyDroidX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2014, 10:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
good to know, thank you
2nd July 2014, 12:43 AM |#5  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Gave it a shot. It doesn't play all movie formats for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to GrandAdmiral For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread