Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advanced debloating

Tip us?

Wolfbreak
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5839

DONATE TO ME
Default Advanced debloating

Everyone knows about System Apps which can be removed so i thought id share what you can delete more to save even more Space.
I have modded iHackers 2.1 AROMA Version from 740 MB to 334 MB with deleting all Apps i dont want and the things i listed here.
Be careful what you delete as i warned you so its not my fault if you break something afterwards.

Google Now [Not tested yet]

[files for Offline Search but nowadays you are connected to a Network always anyway so if you don want you can delete this maybe]

system/usr/srec/config
system/usr/srec/en-US/acoustic_model
system/usr/srec/en-US/clg
system/usr/srec/en-US/g2p_fst
system/usr/srec/en-US/offensive_word_normalizer
system/usr/srec/en-US/rescoring_lm

FaceLock [Unlock Phone with your Face] [Safe to remove]

system\app\FaceLock.apk
system\lib\libfacelock_jni.so
system\vendor\pittpatt

Text to Speech [Safe to remove]

system\app\GoogleTTS.apk [Available at Google Play Store]
system\app\PicoTts.apk
system/tts

PC Companion Installer for PC [Safe to remove]

system/etc/dop.iso

Ringtones, Notification... [Safe to remove]

system\media\audio\alarms
system\media\audio\ringtones
system\media\audio\notifications

Xperia Apps, Wallpapers and more.... [Not stored in System/app like Xperia Privilege App] [Safe to remove]

system\etc\customization\applications
system\etc\customization\content\com\sonyericsson\ wallpaperpicker\wallpapers

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wolfbreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wiltron
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I am going to copy/paste a post I made earlier in another thread about the same thing. This was done on Stock 4.2.2, rooted, locked Bootloader C6906
  • All carrier related apps, in my case, Rogers Canada, such as Rogers Navigator, One Number, etc, can be safely removed.
  • All "Xperia" plugins can be safely removed. These include the social media for Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, etc.
  • All Google store applications can be removed EXCEPT the Play store for apps - Removable entries include Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, etc.
  • All Playstation related items can be removed, if you don't use them.
  • Most, but not all mini-apps can be removed. You must keep the calculator, clock and timer apps unfrozen and installed, or else the task switcher refuses to open and Xperia Home FC's. If you use a different launcher, I'm not sure what your experiences will be.
  • You can uninstall any stock apps like Calendar, Calculator and what not, but they must be replaced by the Google versions available on the play store. Do not try to uninstall/freeze them if you plan to use a 3rd party app.
  • Tasks, Notes and other "Sony" apps can all be removed (Albums, Walkman, etc).
  • Smart Connect, Throw and Photo Services can be safely frozen, but not removed.
  • Camera Apps can be safely frozen, but not uninstalled. Camera refuses to operate without those plugins present. 3rd part apps also refuse to operate (tried with Vignette, and CameraZoom FX).
  • Freezing the camera apps also removes the "slide" functionality of the lock screen, so if you remove them completely then you can't swipe to unlock your device.
  • Exchange Services can be frozen, but not uninstalled. If you're confident you'll never need to add another sync account to the device you can uninstall it. If you uninstall it and try to add an account such as a Google Address, or similar, then the Settings app FC's.
  • Messaging app can be safely removed or frozen if you have a replacement app to accept SMS and MMS (such as Hangouts). If you don't have a SMS/MMS app and you freeze or uninstall the messaging app, then your device will reboot whenever you receive a message.
  • All Mirrorlink related items and services can be frozen, but not uninstalled.
  • RetailDemo can be frozen or removed.
  • SensMe Slideshow can be frozen.
  • Setup Guide, Sketch, Top Contacts, TV Launcher, and all unused stock themes can be frozen or uninstalled safely.
  • You can safely remove the Xperia Home launcher if you use an alternative launcher, however a factory reset on the device will cause it to stop functioning completely, and in order to recover it you'll need to Flashtool (and subsequently unlock your bootloader) to repair it. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS
  • You can safely remove the Xperia Keyboards, however like above, Factory Reset will cause the device to become completely unusuable. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS
You only need 39 digits of pi to calculate the circumference of the observable universe to within a hydrogen atom.
Learn more at www.everydaysciencestuff.com
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wiltron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skittishwind
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Things i removed, If there any leftover related to these do advice
Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	946
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2524276  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skittishwind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kirkymole
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Excellent lists, keep the good work up.
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirkymole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltron View Post
[*]You can safely remove the Xperia Home launcher if you use an alternative launcher, however a factory reset on the device will cause it to stop functioning completely, and in order to recover it you'll need to Flashtool (and subsequently unlock your bootloader) to repair it. I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU DO THIS[/LIST]
Why do you say unlocking the BL is necessary? It should be no problem to flash to whatever FTF after booting into flash mode.

Wiltron
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I've tried previously using Emma (or whatever it was called from SonyMobile). To use FlashTool it tells me the BL needs to be unlocked.
You only need 39 digits of pi to calculate the circumference of the observable universe to within a hydrogen atom.
Learn more at www.everydaysciencestuff.com

kischde
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Now as we´ve got 4.4.2 running the debloat list could get an update, doesn´t it?
I debloated too much, I guess.. My camera doesn´t work properly any more, it doesn´t focus and taking pictures freezes the cam app.
Have to watch out better before kicking out too much ^^
Xperia Z1 - C6903 - driven by iHackers v2.0 with iHackers kernel

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltron View Post
I've tried previously using Emma (or whatever it was called from SonyMobile). To use FlashTool it tells me the BL needs to be unlocked.
For Emma you do, try going to flashtool.net and using that flashtool, it does not require unlocking the boot loader

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

mnsk
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by kischde View Post
Now as we´ve got 4.4.2 running the debloat list could get an update, doesn´t it?
+1

heahmad
Old
Thanks Meter 8
thank you