Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hard Brick i5s

OP fezzan

27th March 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Long story short i tried to partition sd card to increase internal memory. I knew i might screw up, so did a Nandroid back up as well.
So as predicted after the partition my phone went into a boot loop, so i went into recovery mode but clearing caches did not help (android system recovery 3e).
So Tried to flash the stock rom (update firmware). I have no idea what went wrong but SP flash tool showed everything was fine and the whole process was complete with a green tick pop up as well.
So after that the phone did not reboot/start/..
Im pretty sure its hard bricked. But everytime i plug the USB to my phone i hear the windows notification sound??
Can anyone please help?? I bought this online and sending it back is not an option.

PS: The phone has a light adapter (like iphone 5s), SD card cannot be removed, Battery cannot be removed.
I have the complete rom with me. Model MTK6572 RAM512MB. Not original goophone.
27th March 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #2  
Developer Committee / OEM Relations / XDA Portal Team - Harbinger of Doom
Flag Gallifrey
Thanks Meter: 4,337

6,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzan

Long story short i tried to partition sd card to increase internal memory. I knew i might screw up, so did a Nandroid back up as well.
So as predicted after the partition my phone went into a boot loop, so i went into recovery mode but clearing caches did not help (android system recovery 3e).
So Tried to flash the stock rom (update firmware). I have no idea what went wrong but SP flash tool showed everything was fine and the whole process was complete with a green tick pop up as well.
Im pretty sure its hard bricked. But everytime i plug the USB to my phone i hear the windows notification sound??
Can anyone please help?? I bought this online and sending it back is not an option.

PS: The phone has a light adapter (like iphone 5s), SD card cannot be removed, Battery cannot be removed.

Two things:

1. Please post in the correct section, instead of just randomly picking a place to post

2. Maybe provide more information about what device this is?
27th March 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog

Two things:

1. Please post in the correct section, instead of just randomly picking a place to post

2. Maybe provide more information about what device this is?

My bad, im new to the forum and i was only allowed to post in Q/A thread.
The phone is Chinese, as mentioned in the title its i5s (goophone), android 4.2, MTK 6572, has lightning adapter instead of the regular micro usb.
27th March 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #4  

18 posts
Its chinese man.... what else do u expect.....

Sent from my Spice Mi-450 using xda app-developers app
14th April 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
bump.
14th April 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 810

1,143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzan

Try backing up your nvram folder. Found in /data/nvram. For backing up go to recovery go to terminal / cmd and type adb pull /data/nvram. Skip the backing up if you have a cwm backup.
then format your whole phone using spflash tools.. Then click download on after selecting your scatter file...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th June 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome

Try backing up your nvram folder. Found in /data/nvram. For backing up go to recovery go to terminal / cmd and type adb pull /data/nvram. Skip the backing up if you have a cwm backup.
then format your whole phone using spflash tools.. Then click download on after selecting your scatter file...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My phone is hard bricked not shoft bricked. So no response whatsoever.
So i downloaded like 6 different versions of this phone rom and found a working android scatter to flash via Sp flash tool.
Now im able to snter into the phone default recovery, but i cannot go any further as it just restarts if i press any key.

I paid a guy online to create a CWM recovery.. I flashed that onto the phone but still only the defualt recovery boot up!
Im certain that CWM recovery will enable me to access the sd card and restore my nandroid backup. but unfortunately cwm does no load up.

If i format my phone via SP flash tools will it delete my nandroid back?
If so is there a way to add the nandroid backup onto the sd card? (my sd card cannot be removed and yes i have a backup of the nandroid on my pc)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread