Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 53,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to get Dash Clock widget on S4 lock screen ?

Tip us?

Zorachus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Default How to get Dash Clock widget on S4 lock screen ?

With our Galaxy S4, I can't figure out how to get the 'Dash Clock' widget on the lock screen ?

Aldo the S4 lock screen doesn't seem to allow swiping to the left or tight for the other lockreens, to add widgets and stuff ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
HTC One M8 - Glacial Silver- ATT
SinLessROM GPe v3.4.1 | Google Play Edition | 4.4.4
Speck Candy Shell case

Galaxy S4 - white AT&T
Stock, no root or ROM's, thanks ATT

comatose1978
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Goto:
settings/ my device/ lock screen and make sure multiple widgets is checked. Then you will be able to add widgets to your lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Devices:
Galaxy S4 AT&T SGH-i337
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013
Nexus 7 FLO (2013)
Android TV stick - MK808B
The Following User Says Thank You to comatose1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zorachus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose1978 View Post
Goto:
settings/ my device/ lock screen and make sure multiple widgets is checked. Then you will be able to add widgets to your lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Ok, I did that, and then I press on the lock screen before I swipe to open it, and hold press the screen, trying to add widgets nothing happening, and the option to swipe left or right on the lock screen, just doesn't work at all it seems on Touchwiz ?
Speck Candy Shell case

Galaxy S4 - white AT&T

FrozenDragoon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
Ok, I did that, and then I press on the lock screen before I swipe to open it, and hold press the screen, trying to add widgets nothing happening, and the option to swipe left or right on the lock screen, just doesn't work at all it seems on Touchwiz ?
comatose1978 has it right. After you select that setting, go back to the lock screen and swipe left and hit the Plus Sign to add the widget. After you have it added, press and hold to reorder them, to make Dash Clock the default.

When you drag right or left, make sure you are dragging on the widget its self, not the empty area on the screen (cause then it will trigger the swipe to unlock).

Attatched is a screenshot of my phone, held halfway between lockscreen widget pages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx6zewf8oi...2013.04.47.png

Zorachus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenDragoon View Post
comatose1978 has it right. After you select that setting, go back to the lock screen and swipe left and hit the Plus Sign to add the widget. After you have it added, press and hold to reorder them, to make Dash Clock the default.

When you drag right or left, make sure you are dragging on the widget its self, not the empty area on the screen (cause then it will trigger the swipe to unlock).

Attatched is a screenshot of my phone, held halfway between lockscreen widget pages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx6zewf8oi...2013.04.47.png
Great thank you. But I just installed Widget Locker instead, gave me more options, and seems to go better with Dash Clock than the stock Touchwiz lock-screen.
Speck Candy Shell case

Galaxy S4 - white AT&T

TheZoker
Old
(Last edited by TheZoker; 25th March 2014 at 02:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Is there a ability to set dashclock as the main lookscreen and use it, when you have a look pattern?

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZoker View Post
Is there a ability to set dashclock as the main lookscreen and use it, when you have a look pattern?
You cannot add custom widgets to the lockscreen with security enabled, like a lock pattern.

bennyboy78
Old
Thanks Meter 375
No, I'm pretty sure an xposed module let's you use widgets with security on. Could be wrong though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TheZoker
Old
(Last edited by TheZoker; 8th July 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
And how?

Edit:
Here is the module:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...itkat-t2690190