Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

How to get Dash Clock widget on S4 lock screen ?

OP Zorachus

1st November 2013, 01:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 265

2,336 posts
More
With our Galaxy S4, I can't figure out how to get the 'Dash Clock' widget on the lock screen ?

Aldo the S4 lock screen doesn't seem to allow swiping to the left or tight for the other lockreens, to add widgets and stuff ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
1st November 2013, 01:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 13

87 posts
More
Goto:
settings/ my device/ lock screen and make sure multiple widgets is checked. Then you will be able to add widgets to your lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to comatose1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 03:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lombard, IL.

2,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose1978

Goto:
settings/ my device/ lock screen and make sure multiple widgets is checked. Then you will be able to add widgets to your lock screen.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Ok, I did that, and then I press on the lock screen before I swipe to open it, and hold press the screen, trying to add widgets nothing happening, and the option to swipe left or right on the lock screen, just doesn't work at all it seems on Touchwiz ?
1st November 2013, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorachus

Ok, I did that, and then I press on the lock screen before I swipe to open it, and hold press the screen, trying to add widgets nothing happening, and the option to swipe left or right on the lock screen, just doesn't work at all it seems on Touchwiz ?

comatose1978 has it right. After you select that setting, go back to the lock screen and swipe left and hit the Plus Sign to add the widget. After you have it added, press and hold to reorder them, to make Dash Clock the default.

When you drag right or left, make sure you are dragging on the widget its self, not the empty area on the screen (cause then it will trigger the swipe to unlock).

Attatched is a screenshot of my phone, held halfway between lockscreen widget pages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx6zewf8oi...2013.04.47.png
1st November 2013, 07:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lombard, IL.

2,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenDragoon

comatose1978 has it right. After you select that setting, go back to the lock screen and swipe left and hit the Plus Sign to add the widget. After you have it added, press and hold to reorder them, to make Dash Clock the default.

When you drag right or left, make sure you are dragging on the widget its self, not the empty area on the screen (cause then it will trigger the swipe to unlock).

Attatched is a screenshot of my phone, held halfway between lockscreen widget pages.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx6zewf8oi...2013.04.47.png

Great thank you. But I just installed Widget Locker instead, gave me more options, and seems to go better with Dash Clock than the stock Touchwiz lock-screen.
25th March 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Is there a ability to set dashclock as the main lookscreen and use it, when you have a look pattern?
Last edited by TheZoker; 25th March 2014 at 02:40 PM.
27th March 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 18,889

8,399 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZoker

Is there a ability to set dashclock as the main lookscreen and use it, when you have a look pattern?

You cannot add custom widgets to the lockscreen with security enabled, like a lock pattern.
28th March 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 377

1,173 posts
More
No, I'm pretty sure an xposed module let's you use widgets with security on. Could be wrong though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
And how?

Edit:
Here is the module:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...itkat-t2690190
Last edited by TheZoker; 8th July 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread