Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems after unrooting

Tip us?

jt_lipka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problems after unrooting

I unrooted my phone via the superuser. Went into twrp and did a factory reset. Rebooted. Everything is working as it should. Except for my swype and predictive text. Both are enabled. And my phone wont recognize my sd card. Just shows that the sd is blank or unrecognizable. Went to verizon and they just tried to sell me a new sd card when the one I have is only a month old. And they said they cant do anything about my swype or predictive text because its a software issue and my best bet was to google it. So I decided to come here and get some opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

0vermind
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Default Re: Problems after unrooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_lipka View Post
I unrooted my phone via the superuser. Went into twrp and did a factory reset. Rebooted. Everything is working as it should. Except for my swype and predictive text. Both are enabled. And my phone wont recognize my sd card. Just shows that the sd is blank or unrecognizable. Went to verizon and they just tried to sell me a new sd card when the one I have is only a month old. And they said they cant do anything about my swype or predictive text because its a software issue and my best bet was to google it. So I decided to come here and get some opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance

Superuser shouldn't have anything to do with Swype working or predictive text. Is the SD card readable on your computer or in a different phone?

Tappin the talk

‹The THANKS button lets me know my post was helpful / informative›

Mike Lierman. Entreprenuer. Founder and Owner of Invise Solutions computer repair.
Twitter: @MikeLierman

Sync your files online and and always have them available with Dropbox! 2GB account is free!

jt_lipka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

When I plug it into my comp it just opens up a blank folder. I try to format it with my comp and it goes to about 90 percent and says windows cant complete the format. Also before I unrooted my keyboard quit working, like it would pop up but no buttons, so thats why I unrooted. But it bugs me that my swype and predictive text dont work anymore and that verizon claims it being a software issue. Guess I can call rhe 800 number and talk to customer service about it

hopesrequiem
Old
Thanks Meter 1,044

You're sd card might have died I'm sorry to say. Might have gotten corrupt or just failed

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ezas
Old
Thanks Meter 296

There have been problems with SD cards. Mostly the 64 GB class 10 sandisk cards. Google well give you hits about it, including XDA results.

Note 2 - Nexus 7 - Charge - Player 5.0 - Fascinate
<><><><><><><><><><>
Read twice, flash once
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Nexus 7 2013 - Mahdi/Elemental
Note 2 - Jett ROM 3.0/ Agni

Retired:
Nexus 7 2012 - Droid Charge - Samsung Fascinate - Galaxy Player 5.0 - Droid Charge

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_lipka View Post
When I plug it into my comp it just opens up a blank folder. I try to format it with my comp and it goes to about 90 percent and says windows cant complete the format. Also before I unrooted my keyboard quit working, like it would pop up but no buttons, so thats why I unrooted. But it bugs me that my swype and predictive text dont work anymore and that verizon claims it being a software issue. Guess I can call rhe 800 number and talk to customer service about it

why would you call verizon? you voided your warranty when you rooted, vzw would be the last thing i would turn to for help. use odin and flash a stock rom.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

dmonger11b
Old
Thanks Meter 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
why would you call verizon? you voided your warranty when you rooted, vzw would be the last thing i would turn to for help. use odin and flash a stock rom.
As long as you unroot properly there's no proof of anything and your warranty is fine..

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2,853

DONATE TO ME

Op I've got to ask have you went into the Samsung keyboard settings and made sure predictive text is on and swipe is checked.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

And cleared data

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonger11b View Post
As long as you unroot properly there's no proof of anything and your warranty is fine..

no **** sherlock, you completely missed the point.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

dmonger11b
Old
Thanks Meter 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
no **** sherlock, you completely missed the point.
No I didn't he said he unrooted. You said that he voided his warranty and there's no evidence of such so drop your little epeen.