Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Problems after unrooting

OP jt_lipka

1st March 2013, 06:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Monroe
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I unrooted my phone via the superuser. Went into twrp and did a factory reset. Rebooted. Everything is working as it should. Except for my swype and predictive text. Both are enabled. And my phone wont recognize my sd card. Just shows that the sd is blank or unrecognizable. Went to verizon and they just tried to sell me a new sd card when the one I have is only a month old. And they said they cant do anything about my swype or predictive text because its a software issue and my best bet was to google it. So I decided to come here and get some opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
1st March 2013, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Provo, Utah
Thanks Meter: 394

498 posts
Re: Problems after unrooting
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_lipka

I unrooted my phone via the superuser. Went into twrp and did a factory reset. Rebooted. Everything is working as it should. Except for my swype and predictive text. Both are enabled. And my phone wont recognize my sd card. Just shows that the sd is blank or unrecognizable. Went to verizon and they just tried to sell me a new sd card when the one I have is only a month old. And they said they cant do anything about my swype or predictive text because its a software issue and my best bet was to google it. So I decided to come here and get some opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance

Superuser shouldn't have anything to do with Swype working or predictive text. Is the SD card readable on your computer or in a different phone?

Tappin the talk
1st March 2013, 08:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Monroe
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
When I plug it into my comp it just opens up a blank folder. I try to format it with my comp and it goes to about 90 percent and says windows cant complete the format. Also before I unrooted my keyboard quit working, like it would pop up but no buttons, so thats why I unrooted. But it bugs me that my swype and predictive text dont work anymore and that verizon claims it being a software issue. Guess I can call rhe 800 number and talk to customer service about it

1st March 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,052

2,758 posts
You're sd card might have died I'm sorry to say. Might have gotten corrupt or just failed

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
1st March 2013, 10:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 298

1,114 posts
There have been problems with SD cards. Mostly the 64 GB class 10 sandisk cards. Google well give you hits about it, including XDA results.

Note 2 - Nexus 7 - Charge - Player 5.0 - Fascinate
<><><><><><><><><><>
Read twice, flash once
2nd March 2013, 01:21 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,413

6,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_lipka

When I plug it into my comp it just opens up a blank folder. I try to format it with my comp and it goes to about 90 percent and says windows cant complete the format. Also before I unrooted my keyboard quit working, like it would pop up but no buttons, so thats why I unrooted. But it bugs me that my swype and predictive text dont work anymore and that verizon claims it being a software issue. Guess I can call rhe 800 number and talk to customer service about it

why would you call verizon? you voided your warranty when you rooted, vzw would be the last thing i would turn to for help. use odin and flash a stock rom.
2nd March 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 78

436 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

why would you call verizon? you voided your warranty when you rooted, vzw would be the last thing i would turn to for help. use odin and flash a stock rom.

As long as you unroot properly there's no proof of anything and your warranty is fine..

2nd March 2013, 03:55 AM   |  #8  
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,881

5,060 posts
Donate to Me
More
Op I've got to ask have you went into the Samsung keyboard settings and made sure predictive text is on and swipe is checked.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

And cleared data

2nd March 2013, 03:57 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,413

6,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonger11b

As long as you unroot properly there's no proof of anything and your warranty is fine..

no **** sherlock, you completely missed the point.
2nd March 2013, 04:58 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 78

436 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

no **** sherlock, you completely missed the point.

No I didn't he said he unrooted. You said that he voided his warranty and there's no evidence of such so drop your little epeen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread