Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LUVVITT CLEARVIEW Hybrid Slim Case

Tip us?

DKYang
Old
(Last edited by DKYang; 11th October 2013 at 02:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default LUVVITT CLEARVIEW Hybrid Slim Case

I got another case and a bit bored, so might as well post pictures of this if anyone out there was curious about clear cases on this phone. It's been a very long time since I had a clear case, but I thought it would look well with the white Note 3. I actually like it. For now until it gets dirty. I like it better than the Spigen Bounce case. Both do feel different in the hand because the Bounce case has a fully matte texture. Both are slim.

Pros
- Border/Bumper is TPU
- Back side is hard poly carbonate/plastic
- Holes/ports match up
- Buttons are easy to press
- Looks good on white (I don't have a black one to check out)

Cons
- Back side can get scratched
- If it gets dirty inside the case, it'll show.
- If your phone is dirty, it'll show.

I got it on Amazon, just copy the title of this topic and search it there.

EDIT:
I'll just post a link, might as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1613.jpg
Views:	2003
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	2316504   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	2234
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	2316507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1618.jpg
Views:	1909
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	2316508   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1620.jpg
Views:	1685
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	2316509   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg
Views:	1615
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	2316510  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.jpg
Views:	1471
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	2316512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1630.jpg
Views:	1400
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	2316513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1632.jpg
Views:	1424
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	2316514  
The Following User Says Thank You to DKYang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wttisme
Old
(Last edited by wttisme; 11th October 2013 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Thanks for the pics. I tried going without a case for a few hours today because I like the look so much but I was afraid I'd drop the phone. This may fit the bill.

Edit: Hm, I could only find the black and clear but it's unavailable. OP how much was it?

Philly Jim
Old
Thanks Meter 332
I got this case yesterday i really like it allot , slim profile , i actually can hold the phone in one hand and operate it , as listed above you've pretty much nailed the pro's and con's to a t , nice job , the only thing i quess i would comment further on is that it does scratch very very easily, i just go it yesterday , i keep keys in opposite pocket , and man are there allot of scratches already , it's really ashame , still i would reccomend this case , i just wish it where made of different material.........

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wttisme View Post
Thanks for the pics. I tried going without a case for a few hours today because I like the look so much but I was afraid I'd drop the phone. This may fit the bill.

Edit: Hm, I could only find the black and clear but it's unavailable. OP how much was it?
10 bucks
Current Devices
Nexus 5 32 Graviton V 3.5
Smoking Note 3 SLIM V 25
Galaxy Note 10.1 Hyperdrive
Nexus 7 32 Gig 2013 Sinless Rom V 3.2.1

DKYang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by wttisme View Post

Hmm...strange. It was up for $9.99 with Prime two days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Jim View Post
I got this case yesterday i really like it allot , slim profile , i actually can hold the phone in one hand and operate it , as listed above you've pretty much nailed the pro's and con's to a t , nice job , the only thing i quess i would comment further on is that it does scratch very very easily, i just go tit yesterday , i keep keys in opposite pocket , and man are there allot of scratches already , it's really ashame , still i would reccomend this case , i just wish it where made of different material.........

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

10 bucks
Thanks. I agree about the scratches. I already see some because I was spinning the case when trying to take pictures, but if you have a white phone, it's hard to spot unless you're under direct light or there's a lot of scratches in one area. It's probably easier to see with the black version.

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Just got mine yesterday also. I agree with the OP review and will say the case is better than I expected for $10. Samsung makes a case very simaler to this one for Note 2, S4, etc. It's a little bit better, waiting for the Note 3 version to eventually come out...

shaungregg
Old
Thanks Meter 162
I almost got that one cuz I want to be able to see the phone but opted for a gel one, should be here in a day or two and we can compare em.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic3451318_4.gif

LG Optimus G (Sold) Galaxy S4 (Buyer's remorse) HTC ONE (Buyer's remorse) LG G2 (Loved it for a week) Note 3 (Couldn't help myself) T-Mobile
My Note 3 is powered by Darthstalker Rom and LeanKernel (Happy Happy Joy Joy!) 38,378 Antutu

Gadgetlover0408
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaungregg View Post
I almost got that one cuz I want to be able to see the phone but opted for a gel one, should be here in a day or two and we can compare em.
I got this last Thursday and I am glad I did when I went to best buy Friday to get the note 3 they had zero cases. It's a nice case and shows off the back very nicely.

PolishDude
Old
Thanks Meter 23
damn pretty much exactly what im looking for but shows unavailable

oneandroidnut
Old
Thanks Meter 367
i ordered mine earlier in the week. out for delivery today hope its nice!!
Currents:
LG G3
Awaiting Note 4
Sold:
Note 3 DE, OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

DKYang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Well, this case is back in stock, but the prices has been raised unfortunately. I don't think any TPU type of case is worth over $10 unless there are designs on it, but that's just my opinion.