[Official] Kit Kat 4.4.2 this summer

Search This thread

Dr0!dFreek

Jun 13, 2012
I wonder if and when the At&t variant will get the update.

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Probably the summer...who knows...with some French carriers releasing official kitkat. I'm might put pressure on AT&T to follow suit.. We all know how at&t loves to please the consumer LMAO

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: adfurgerson

nicklefloss

Jun 15, 2010
This is good because a port can be down the pipeline

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
That link had a link to their Source, but the source didn't say where they got it from, unless I missed it. I can just as easily say LG confirmed we don't get an update but if you don't have source you don't have proof until you see what actually happens

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
That link had a link to their Source, but the source didn't say where they got it from, unless I missed it. I can just as easily say LG confirmed we don't get an update but if you don't have source you don't have proof until you see what actually happens

I mean I've seen it on just about every major tech site so idk, I'm usually skeptical when I see only one or two reports, but I've seen about ten today alone.

Sent from my LG-geeb using Tapatalk

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Source would help but I'm with c2 on this..I've seen it on flowly and G+ like crazy...

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

YourManAdrian

Aug 10, 2012
Los Angeles

SFR said that LG confirmed the update. Either way, this is pretty great news. Let's hope it makes it's way to the AT&T variant :)

ChiefWilNel

Sep 8, 2009
Benton, Arkansas
I dont care if the carrier releases it(it would be nice tho) just as long as an official LG optimus G rom is out there I will put it on my phone. I just love the LG UI. I am using a cm11 which is pretty good

Andreuz

Feb 17, 2014
Helsinki
Last edited:

nguy3nct09

Feb 28, 2014
Actually, E970 should get Kit Kat earlier than the other variants ;)

LG has already updated the User Agent Profile on its official website:
Old http://gsm.lge.com/html/gsm/E970-M6-D1.xml
New http://gsm.lge.com/html/gsm/E970-M10-D1-KK.xml

G Pro now has a similar profile and it has been updated recently:
http://gsm.lge.com/html/gsm/E980-M10-D1-KK.xml

You can try to put different numbers instead of "970" and check corresponding UAPs

I really don't understand. You can explain to me:confused:

Bloodember

Nov 15, 2013
Ohio
Yeah, I don't expect this at all, with how bad LG is with updating their phones, plus AT&T pushing an update out on a phone this old. I really hope they do, but I have no hope they will.

friendlyguy55

Jul 2, 2013
Hartford
Still no news about the update for e970. :/
But the official kitkat port is really smooth and stable. I'm grateful that we have such awesome developers working for our device. :)

JimGar3281

Aug 6, 2014
im having trouble with messaging threads on Paulicat's but other than that and wifi shutting off every once and a while the rom is better than an lg/att release of it. Their release would have too much bloatware.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
im having trouble with messaging threads on Paulicat's but other than that and wifi shutting off every once and a while the rom is better than an lg/att release of it. Their release would have too much bloatware.

The only way on fixing the double messages is to install a different SMS app and freeze the build in one

Sent from my LG-F180K using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts