Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 42,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A bootloop without the possibility of getting to download mode?!?

Tip us?

capaxdoli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Question [Q] A bootloop without the possibility of getting to download mode?!?

I am not a total noob. I have always done my research and I am well versed with the procedures but this has me stumped. About six months before I had installed Omega ROM (told you i wasn't a noob) and things were fine and dandy. I was running today and bam! my phone just enters into a bootloop (lost my data on endomondo too). But hey! I am an expert right? or so i think to myself and I try getting into the recovery mode / download mode. I press the volume down, power and home button. The warning comes up and all that i have to do now is to press the volume up key right? wrong!! Inspite of pressing the volume up key the bootloop continues. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I am sure it is a really silly thing but i am not able to figure it out myself. I read the posts and all of them deal with other issues. Can someone help me?

capaxdoli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Can someone check this up for me? Switch off your phone and try going into the recovery mode by pressing only the vol. down button and the home button pressed together. If it does not show the warning screen prior to the recovery mode then it would mean that my power button is malfunctioning. It would take just two minutes of your time. Please post your results here. Please.

sawdoctor
Old
(Last edited by sawdoctor; 27th March 2014 at 08:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2228
If you press just the volume down and home button not a lot happens not the warning screen anyway. When I boot into recovery I have to wait for the Samsung logo to appear twice or it just reboots. Might be worth pressing all 3 buttons and wait for the 3rd restart before letting go

Edit
It's volume up home and power for recovery if you get download mode and volume up the phone just reboots hence why you go back to bootloop

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capaxdoli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
The problem is solved. It turned out that it was not a boot loop after all. The power button got pressed and was stuck in that state thus causing repeated reboots. It was by pressing the volume down and home button without pressing the power button that i figured out that the power button was stuck. So i took out the screws and adjusted the band slightly and now alls well.
The Following User Says Thank You to capaxdoli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]