Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Worth the upgrade from DNA?

OP Fourstarzzzz

27th March 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

75 posts
I have the DNA and it is a pretty solid phone. Same size screen and resolution as the M8. I can get the phone and the dot case for $200 @ verizon and sell my DNA for around $200, essentially breaking even. I am not sure what is coming down the road but I like HTC devices.

Should I pull the trigger on this? What about you guys who have DNA's and One's?

Thanks!
27th March 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rockford, IL
Thanks Meter: 29

202 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourstarzzzz

I have the DNA and it is a pretty solid phone. Same size screen and resolution as the M8. I can get the phone and the dot case for $200 @ verizon and sell my DNA for around $200, essentially breaking even. I am not sure what is coming down the road but I like HTC devices.

Should I pull the trigger on this? What about you guys who have DNA's and One's?

Thanks!

I wouldn't say that it's such a huge difference that you need to upgrade, but it really depends on you. If you don't have any problems with your DNA and are comfortable keeping it for a while, there's nothing wrong with just keeping it. Performance on the DNA is very good still, so it's not like say, having an iPhone 4 with a degraded iOS 7 experience with the option to go to a 5S.

The M8 does give you some nice upgrades, in terms of build quality, battery, audio, and some software features (IR Blaster, double tap to wake, etc). It's a worthy upgrade from the DNA, but yeah, kind of depends on you. DNA will only decrease in value going forward, and I'm actually trying to get rid of the two I have right now, replacing them both with M8's...
27th March 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raichur0xx0rz

I wouldn't say that it's such a huge difference that you need to upgrade, but it really depends on you. If you don't have any problems with your DNA and are comfortable keeping it for a while, there's nothing wrong with just keeping it.

The M8 does give you some nice upgrades, in terms of build quality, battery, audio, and some software features (IR Blaster, double tap to wake, etc). It's a worthy upgrade from the DNA, but yeah, kind of depends on you. DNA will only decrease in value going forward, and I'm actually trying to get rid of the two I have right now, replacing them both with M8's...

Thanks! I think the main reason why is to try and get as much as I can for my DNA. Also, the battery really drains fast when using GPS/watching videos etc. From about 6am till 10am using gps for about 20 min and watching videos for 1 1/2 hours, my battery was at 4%.

Plus I like that dot case
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread