Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: AOSP or Sense
AOSP 65 27.66%
Sense 6 170 72.34%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

AOSP or GPE or Sense on the One M8

Tip us?

krazie1
Old
(Last edited by krazie1; 13th June 2014 at 06:43 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4,701
Default AOSP or GPE or Sense on the One M8

Which is your preference and why? I like sense 6 a lot but ventured out yesterday to PA and its really nice but its something about sense 6 that has me wanting to go back. I am going to test out GPE rom and see how I like it.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

dsmpampis
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazie1 View Post
Which is your preference and why? I like sense 6 a lot but ventured out yesterday to PA and its really nice but its something about sense 6 that has me wanting to go back.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
In my opinion go with sense. I'm coming from a N5 and I buy the M8 not only for the build quality but also for the sense. If you wanted a stockish/pure android Rom why you didn't buy an Nexus devices.?

But at the end you can try both of them and then to decide.....(the nandroid buck up is our friend)

Tapatalked with my "refrigerator look" HTC one M8
Device: HTC oneM8 | ROM: Renovate | Kernel: ElementalX

dandan2980
Old
Thanks Meter 779
I really like Aosp look and feel but I find sense 6 is really awesome and seems to run much smoother I just run Viper Rom remove sense as much as I can and use nova launcher and couldn't be happier plus on Aosp you lose features such as HK audio mod or boomsound and the cool features of sense camera. I'm also Leary of the encryption bug I have flashed a couple aosp roms but always revert back to Viper. Sense just seems more snappier to me

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

OctoberNexus
Old
(Last edited by OctoberNexus; 3rd June 2014 at 02:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Converted to stock GPE and haven't looked back. Sense even though its much better now days is still quite ugly to my eyes and slowed me down with the many unnecessary tips tricks tutorials and so forth but also in general copying and pasting isn't as seamless and the list goes on.

Sent from M8 GPE
The Following User Says Thank You to OctoberNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shudder123
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Definitly Sense. Can't find the appeal in AOSP anymore. Perhaps I over flashed AOSP roms in my previous devices that the novelty is just gone.
Sense IMO has the cleanest UI out of all android phones and just as snappy as AOSP.

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Sense all the way. So tired of AOSP. It looks so boring too. All mixed up design language. Like their designer has split personalities.

Radixtrator
Old
Thanks Meter 70
I came from a Nexus 5 and I'm rocking the Sinless GPE ROM and I'm pretty happy with it.
BUT: i gotta say I miss a few things from sense a lot. The camera app being the most important one. Then the weather widget and small things like that. But for me GPE is less cluttered and more fluid than sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

exocetdj
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,032

DONATE TO ME
Defo sense!!!!

OP should make this thread a poll

Funkym0nkey
Old
Thanks Meter 279
I bought GPE, so there is my preference. Love the epic battery life of close to 7 hours screen on almost every single charge cycle with heavy use.
For me, Sense was actually annoyance. Now that the core hardware features like dual camera functionality is not compromised, I prefer vanilla android even more.
http://gadgetop.com
Current Phones in use
LG G3 Incoming
Huawei Ascend Mate2 LTE.
2x HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. Silver.
Motorola Moto X
iPhone 5S Space Grey
Recently Retired Devices : Nexus 5 32GB panther, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, Optimus G2 D800, Optimus G Pro E980, Galaxy Note 3, HTC ONE Dev Edition, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Octa), Google Nexus 4

krazie1
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4,701
I added a Poll to the thread, I like ParanoidAndroid but went back to Sense 6 for now because the features are really nice