FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did this work for you?

Yes
 
1 Vote(s)
16.67%
No
 
4 Vote(s)
66.67%
Your Phone != Note 2
 
2 Vote(s)
33.33%

[Fix] Smart Dock - Freezes Phone

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By jayblaze2, Junior Member on 17th May 2013, 05:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Possible Smart Dock Fix

Issue: Phone (custom rom installed [carbonrom]) would freeze while connecting my phone to PC through Smart Dock

System:
  • PC = Windows 7 64bit
  • Phone = Note 2 (vzw - i605)
  • Rom = Carbon 1.7
  • Dock = Samsung Media Hub
  1. Start
  2. Turn your phone completely off
  3. Place phone in dock
  4. Turn phone on
  5. Unlock to home screen
  6. Finish

Note: You will need to turn off the screen (you do not have to turn off phone) every time you put phone on the dock.

I am still working on getting HDMI.
 
 
15th July 2013, 05:01 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayblaze2

Possible Smart Dock Fix

Issue: Phone (custom rom installed [carbonrom]) would freeze while connecting my phone to PC through Smart Dock

System:

  • PC = Windows 7 64bit
  • Phone = Note 2 (vzw - i605)
  • Rom = Carbon 1.7
  • Dock = Samsung Media Hub
  1. Start
  2. Turn your phone completely off
  3. Place phone in dock
  4. Turn phone on
  5. Unlock to home screen
  6. Finish

Note: You will need to turn off the screen (you do not have to turn off phone) every time you put phone on the dock.

I am still working on getting HDMI.

Your fix worked for me sort of... I have a T-Mobile Note 2 and the Samsung Media dock and was having the same problem. My phone would freeze whenever I plugged into the dock. Very frustrating. Following your instructions, my phone would still freeze whenever I tried to turn it on while it was plugged into the dock. However, if it was already on and the screen was off I could plug it in and it seemed okay. Although, it did freeze once when I tried it this way.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfs999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jfs999 Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 08:20 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
No Joy
Has not worked for me either. No matter what method I used to place my phone on the dock I am forced to do a battery pull. I wonder if it could be caused by the ROM I am using. I have a T-Mobile version of the Note 2 and I am running the Illusion ROM.
20th August 2013, 11:17 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeveno

Has not worked for me either. No matter what method I used to place my phone on the dock I am forced to do a battery pull. I wonder if it could be caused by the ROM I am using. I have a T-Mobile version of the Note 2 and I am running the Illusion ROM.

Works great on Jedi x17 ROM. I'd like to work out getting it to work on CM 10.2 if anyone has a place to start. Though my bet is that its drivers are not released yet from Samsung.
21st August 2013, 07:26 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
All Better Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbarrier

Works great on Jedi x17 ROM. I'd like to work out getting it to work on CM 10.2 if anyone has a place to start. Though my bet is that its drivers are not released yet from Samsung.

I don't know enough to have a guess as to what the cause is, but I can also say that as soon as I went back to Jedi Master 16, the dock worked as advertised.
27th October 2013, 05:42 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I have the same issue with my GTi9300, Samsung multimedia dock and non samsung roms.

I don't want to be pedantic but this thread isn't a fix at all it's a workaround, and one that doesn't always work.

The title should be changed to have the "[Fix]" removed
The Following User Says Thank You to djmarkm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmarkm Ad-Free
17th November 2013, 11:36 PM |#7  
HDMI out only works on Samsung/based ROMs. AOSP and other non-Samsung based ROMs will freeze upon connecting the HDMI adapter.
5th December 2013, 09:40 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1

HDMI out only works on Samsung/based ROMs. AOSP and other non-Samsung based ROMs will freeze upon connecting the HDMI adapter.

Is there a fix for this on custom ROMs or you only need the Samsung one
5th December 2013, 11:52 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzoti4en

Is there a fix for this on custom ROMs or you only need the Samsung one

As far as I know, HDMI out is a proprietary feature, so it will work only if Samsung decides to make the driver open source.
6th December 2013, 12:16 PM |#10  
z666metal's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag moscow
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
good idea
1st April 2014, 02:49 AM |#11  
postulio's Avatar
Senior Member
nYc
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1

Previously Owned Phones (all inactive, list chronological):

Nokia 8310 | Sony Ericsson T68i | Samsung SGH-A701 | iPhone 3GS 32GB | Nokia N97 | Nokia X6 16GB

Current Android(s):

Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 | RootBox v4.2 | SanDisk Class 10 Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-1
Old Androids:
Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-i9305 4G LTE (given away (thread linked was removed by mod))

Dude your signature is major OD. Its a damn profile. Images? damn, tone it down.

I couldn't even reproduce it perfectly its so articulate lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes