Originally Posted by bigdanmeys13
I've posted about this in droidrazr forums, but nobody's been able to help yet. Since v3.5, I can't flash Validus. I get the error "set metadata recursive; some changes failed. Status 7." I've tried flashing with TWRP 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 as well as CWM 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and now the latest Philz touch. Clean flashes and dirty. With ROM Manager and without. Nothing works. I just wanna get back down with the clowns!!!
FIX STATUS 7 ERROR
make sure that the Validus rom you have downloaded matches your phone model, if you flashed some other rom, you may hard brick your device.
1. First extract your rom (for example using 7-zip)
2. Go to the folder META_INF > COM > GOOGLE > ANDROID
3. Here you will find a file "updater-script"
4. Open this file with Notepad + +
5. delete text, starting from "assert ....... till the semicolon(of the last getprop command. (see image in attached file-lines to delete)
7. Now save the file
8. now go back to the main rom folder where you extracted the 3 files. zip these files again. and you will get a zipped rom.
and the status 7 error has now been removed!
You can also see more from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522762