Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SlimKat Official MSM8960 Unified [4.4.4][6/30/2014]

Tip us?

darkspadez
Old
(Last edited by darkspadez; 9th April 2014 at 10:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1159

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM] SlimKat Official MSM8960 Unified [4.4.4][6/30/2014]

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimRoms, ROM for the Motorola Droid RAZR HD

Contributors
darkspadez, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-07-01
Last Updated 2014-07-01
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to darkspadez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkspadez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1159

DONATE TO ME
Reserved For Future use

darkspadez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1159

DONATE TO ME
Also Reserved

TecknoFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 707

DONATE TO ME
Wow this is great. I hope someone port this to atrix hd.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

Which of these models is gsm so i can try flashing this on atrix hd?
Motorola Atrix HD(MB886)
Just Thank me if I Helped you. That will pay off my time if you do
If you think I did great then why not buy me a small coffee
The Following User Says Thank You to TecknoFreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idless
Old
(Last edited by idless; 18th November 2013 at 11:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Awesome awesome!! Been waiting in anticipation for this will try as soon as possible!

EDIT: Ok, I have only had limited time to test. But briefly put things looks promising here:

Installed without any problems (using latest TWRP in my case).The same bugs that exist in CM 11 are also present here, which is it to be expected (e.g. broken video playback). This is perfectly natural for such an early release and no doubt these will get sorted out as development progress. I am glad to try out this early build. For an alpha it seems very stable and definitely looks promising! I initially tried the official Slim Gapps (as linked to). They seemed fine. Since then I have installed ART compatible Gapps from the CM thread (13/11 i believe). Now running in ART runtime mode. Yes this does introduce some problems and not all apps are compatible, however from my experience ART also introduce a previously unseen level of smoothness. Will continue to use this the next days and of cause eagerly follow development.

@darkspadez (and all other other involved devs of cause): Congrazt on this first public SlimKat build for our phones!

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to idless For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVLAN View Post
Wow this is great. I hope someone port this to atrix hd.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

Which of these models is gsm so i can try flashing this on atrix hd?
925 is GSM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DizzyFox
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default help

I would love to try this ROM but can't seem to get my cmw recovery updated I down loaded the zip mentioned correct version thru ROMmanager and flashed it . But when I go to cmw recovery it still shows older version. Tried flashing it with that but gives me the dead android. Have to restore

idless
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyFox View Post
I would love to try this ROM but can't seem to get my cmw recovery updated I down loaded the zip mentioned correct version thru ROMmanager and flashed it . But when I go to cmw recovery it still shows older version. Tried flashing it with that but gives me the dead android. Have to restore
I am using latest twrp recovery found here in the RAZR development forum. I can't say if this the best option though. I can only say that in my case it worked fine (install, backup and restore).

pcarenza
Old
Thanks Meter 560

DONATE TO ME
I'm one of the devices running the buggy EMMC.

Error is the same as all the others (I wish there were a kernel fix for it):

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

Back to the drawing board...

projekt8e
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyFox View Post
I was flashing fine with cwm 6.0.3.6 for the epinter build. I did finally update, but I had to use a .bat file in conjunction with a special fastboot.exe file to actually upgrade the recovery, because otherwise it would just fail to upload. I was having backup issues with TWRP, so I just stick with CWM now. Haven't had any issues. If you want to try that .bat .exe combo I found, let me know.