Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to backup data without root?

Tip us?
 
issawillwin
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 128
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] How to backup data without root?

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to copy my data/savegame of Dungeon Hunter 4 from my tf701t (not rooted) to my Xperia SP (rooted) using Helium. The saving process is complete but the restore fails at ~97%.

Is there another app who can save datas of an app without root?
Thanks



Envoyé de mon K00C en utilisant Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
 
Reggie777
Old
(Last edited by Reggie777; 26th March 2014 at 06:43 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 118
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Something to try...

QUOTE=issawillwin;51365651]Hello everyone,
I'm trying to copy my data/savegame of Dungeon Hunter 4 from my tf701t (not rooted) to my Xperia SP (rooted) using Helium. The saving process is complete but the restore fails at ~97%.

Is there another app who can save datas of an app without root?
Thanks



Envoyé de mon K00C en utilisant Tapatalk[/QUOTE]


I've been using the App Backup app that comes with the Asus to back up my game data. It works just fine, and I'm not rooted. If the backup is too large, I'll also just back up the specific games I'm hoping to save. A further suggestion, you can move the abu backup file to the external card, or to Dropbox. That way, if you do a factory reset, you can still restore the game data. This was after constantly having to start my Angry Birds over and over.
 
berndblb
Old
#3  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 879
Posts: 2,699
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie777 View Post
QUOTE=issawillwin;51365651]Hello everyone,
I'm trying to copy my data/savegame of Dungeon Hunter 4 from my tf701t (not rooted) to my Xperia SP (rooted) using Helium. The saving process is complete but the restore fails at ~97%.

Is there another app who can save datas of an app without root?
Thanks



Envoyé de mon K00C en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote:
I've been using the App Backup app that comes with the Asus to back up my game data. It works just fine, and I'm not rooted. If the backup is too large, I'll also just back up the specific games I'm hoping to save. A further suggestion, you can move the abu backup file to the external card, or to Dropbox. That way, if you do a factory reset, you can still restore the game data. This was after constantly having to start my Angry Birds over and over.
A backup made in Asus Backup will not restore on non-Asus device. @Issawillin, it says right on the Play Store page of Helium that it does not work on your Sony device. Identify where your game stores data on the 701 and copy it to the same place on the xperia.


Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
 
Reggie777
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 118
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
A backup made in Asus Backup will not restore on non-Asus device. @Issawillin, it says right on the Play Store page of Helium that it does not work on your Sony device. Identify where your game stores data on the 701 and copy it to the same place on the xperia.


Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
My bite. Sorry. I didn't read the OP carefully. Didn't register that it was a non Asus device.
 
issawillwin
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 128
Join Date: Feb 2014
Thank you all for these solutions. In fact i was looking for a backup for my phone on the only goal of make a titanium back up. But i didn't know that the asus bloat app could work that much. Thank you all. Asus backup app is perfect for saving datas.

Envoyé de mon C5303 en utilisant Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more

Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more