Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 41,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help updating to 4.4

Tip us?
 
Moothead2
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 209
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Help updating to 4.4

I'm looking into updating my unlocked/rooted TF201 to a 4.4.x ROM but they all seem to want me to be on version 3.6.2.4 on X or 6.3.1.3 of Y and it all gets a bit confusing. I flashed a custom ROM a year or so ago and all the information from the settings can be found below. Can anyone link me to a step by step process of getting my tablet ready to be flashed with a 4.4 ROM?



I'd also like to know if anyone could recommend a nice clean 4.4 ROM that focuses on performance over bells and whistles.

Any help would be great .

Thanks.
 
lj50036
Old
#2  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1120
Posts: 1,300
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Muti-Verse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moothead2 View Post
I'm looking into updating my unlocked/rooted TF201 to a 4.4.x ROM but they all seem to want me to be on version 3.6.2.4 on X or 6.3.1.3 of Y and it all gets a bit confusing. I flashed a custom ROM a year or so ago and all the information from the settings can be found below. Can anyone link me to a step by step process of getting my tablet ready to be flashed with a 4.4 ROM?



I'd also like to know if anyone could recommend a nice clean 4.4 ROM that focuses on performance over bells and whistles.

Any help would be great .

Thanks.
Yes shoot me an email...

Look around my email is everywhere

Thx Josh
 
kidkreole
Old
#3  
kidkreole's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
Yes shoot me an email...

Look around my email is everywhere

Thx Josh
Hi Guys,

would you care sharing the upgrade manual with me as well , Im still stuck at android 4.1.1. Rom and really would like to move to 4.4.

Appreciate your soonest advice,

thx Kid

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Transformer Prime TF201 met Tapatalk
Thanks & Best Regards
Kid Kreole
 
kokopuphz
Old
#4  
kokopuphz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 127
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkreole View Post
Hi Guys,

would you care sharing the upgrade manual with me as well , Im still stuck at android 4.1.1. Rom and really would like to move to 4.4.

Appreciate your soonest advice,

thx Kid

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Transformer Prime TF201 met Tapatalk
If you are on asus jelly bean, then you can flash cm11 by namidairo, or pa by voyager2k without doin anything with the bootloader.

Sent from my SO-04E using XDA Free mobile app
 
kidkreole
Old
#5  
kidkreole's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopuphz View Post
If you are on asus jelly bean, then you can flash cm11 by namidairo, or pa by voyager2k without doin anything with the bootloader.

Sent from my SO-04E using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks Kokopuphz

We are getting closer now ,
However I've read people succeeded installing roms for tf300t on their primes, like Omnirom and Crombi-kk for which o have been reading good reviews.

What is your experience to installing these ?

What is the process to installing one of those successfully?

Thx

Kid


Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
Thanks & Best Regards
Kid Kreole
 
lj50036
Old
#6  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1120
Posts: 1,300
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Muti-Verse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkreole View Post
Thanks Kokopuphz

We are getting closer now ,
However I've read people succeeded installing roms for tf300t on their primes, like Omnirom and Crombi-kk for which o have been reading good reviews.

What is your experience to installing these ?

What is the process to installing one of those successfully?

Thx

Kid


Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
Snag onto this bootloader flash it from your current recovery... REBOOT into android

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490002899

Flash twrp 2.7 here

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579270

Do a full format from this twrp, It may take up to 90 mins to format everything, DO NOT INTERRUPT the format..

Once formatted flash the rom you would like..

Let me know if you need any help with this

Its always a good idea before messing this much with your tablet to backup your NVflash blobs

Let me know if you need help with anything..

Thx Josh
 
kidkreole
Old
#7  
kidkreole's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
Snag onto this bootloader flash it from your current recovery... REBOOT into android

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490002899

Flash twrp 2.7 here

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579270

Do a full format from this twrp, It may take up to 90 mins to format everything, DO NOT INTERRUPT the format..

Once formatted flash the rom you would like..

Let me know if you need any help with this

Its always a good idea before messing this much with your tablet to backup your NVflash blobs

Let me know if you need help with anything..

Thx Josh

Hey Josh Thanks so much... Im updated to 4.4 !!
Thanks & Best Regards
Kid Kreole
The Following User Says Thank You to kidkreole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lj50036
Old
#8  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1120
Posts: 1,300
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Muti-Verse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkreole View Post
Hey Josh Thanks so much... Im updated to 4.4 !!
Rock on great to see it went good for you...

Thx as always Team CROMBI
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
emfanitek
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2013
Unhappy Stuck in a boot loop after installing Crombi-kk

Hi,

TF201 here. I can't wait to try this new rom and instill some life into this tablet of mine. The feedback looks incredible!!!

I have followed the instructions, used the latest version (to date) of crombi-kk for tf300, hairy boot loader and the updated twrp recovery.

I have formatted the system from the recovery (people say it may take a long time, it was really fast for me, not even a minute).

Then followed the (very nice indeed) installation wizard to install the ROM.

When I finally restart my tablet, i can see the 4 linux penguins, then 2 lines of text:

message length:9
preinit: starting

then it reboots into recovery after 10 seconds.


Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for helping!!
 
lj50036
Old
#10  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1120
Posts: 1,300
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Muti-Verse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emfanitek View Post
Hi,

TF201 here. I can't wait to try this new rom and instill some life into this tablet of mine. The feedback looks incredible!!!

I have followed the instructions, used the latest version (to date) of crombi-kk for tf300, hairy boot loader and the updated twrp recovery.

I have formatted the system from the recovery (people say it may take a long time, it was really fast for me, not even a minute).

Then followed the (very nice indeed) installation wizard to install the ROM.

When I finally restart my tablet, i can see the 4 linux penguins, then 2 lines of text:

message length:9
preinit: starting

then it reboots into recovery after 10 seconds.


Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for helping!!
Shoot over to the CROMBi-kk Dev thread and read post #4

If you have upgraded this way and still cant get it to work

Shoot me an email @ jl52741@gmail.com

Thx Josh & Team Crombi

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more