[Q] Brand New Z1s screen issues

OP donciclon

27th March 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
I bought the Z1s about 2 days ago and have since then noticed that there is a column of pixels that appear faint going down the mid-left side of the screen. It can only be seen in very high brightness setting and is easier to spot on top of grays. Also I have the erratic touch issue i've been reading about where the screen doesn't properly register a continuous touch. Is it worth starting an exchange chain with tmobile or am i just more likely to get the same or more defects on subsequent phones?
Last edited by donciclon; 27th March 2014 at 01:40 PM.
27th March 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 517

1,123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donciclon

I bought the Z1s about 2 days ago and have since then noticed that there is a column of pixels that appear faint going down the mid-left side of the screen. It can only be seen in very high brightness setting and is easier to spot on top of grays. Also I have the erratic touch issue i've been reading about where the screen doesn't properly register a continuous touch. Is it worth starting an exchange chain with tmobile or am i just more likely to get the same or more more defects on subsequent phones?

Definitely get a replacement

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #3  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
Get replacement NOW!
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Get replacement NOW!

I'm absolutely sure a malfunctioning column of pixels is a definite reason to exchange but I've read that the erratic touch responsiveness of the screen is a common issue with Z1 owners. Just out of curiosity, do you have any such issue?
27th March 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #5  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
Quote:

I'm absolutely sure a malfunctioning column of pixels is a definite reason to exchange but I've read that the erratic touch responsiveness of the screen is a common issue with Z1 owners. Just out of curiosity, do you have any such issue?

Yes, I had that issue and I sent back to repair mine but they didn't fine such a issue and they scratched my phone everywhere. I solved after the FW .136 fixed the problem and I don't see the issue anymore. Sometime seem like it losing the touch but slightly. No problem at all when I gaming.
27th March 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 912

3,121 posts
More
Quote:

I think everyone has that issue. Especially if you took off the ASF. It happens on mine sometimes, but just turning off and on the screen fixes it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread