Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

most stable and battery efficient rom for i717?

OP boomslang06

1st April 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
i'm trying to flash my sister phone with a rom thats better the att JB rom winch is super slow. i tried CM10.1 which is buggy and keeps restarting and its through the battery like there is no tomorrow, also tried AOKP unofficial non OC rom, it also has some bugs like the screen flickering and it it a bit laggy and and the battery dies pretty quick.

So can you guys advise me on a rom that will be perfect for my sisters phone, thanks in advance.
Last edited by boomslang06; 1st April 2014 at 09:15 PM.
1st April 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,047

1,568 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomslang06

i'm trying to flash my sister phone with a rom thats better the att JB rom winch is super slow. i tried CM10.1 which is buggy and keeps restarting and its through the battery like there is no tomorrow, also tried AOKP unofficial non OC rom, it also has some bugs like the screen flickering and it it a bit laggy and and the battery dies pretty quick.

So can you guys advise me on a rom that will be perfect for my sisters phone, thanks in advance.

First, this is the development forum and you should be posting in general or q&a. If you did that you would see there are so many threads with this exact same question. The same response would be, "please dont submit this type of question".
This has a tendancy to lead folk into pitting one persons work against anothers with harsh criticism.
This also tells me you are not reading. Any bugs you list are either already known about rom or are due to an unclean process of flashing.

My suggestion is decide what type of user your sister is and read up on some roms to see if the suit her needs. Every phone is going to run every rom with different degrees of success.
Make sure your process is clean and take some for a test drive. Let them settle for a day or two though to give it a fair chance.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
1st April 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

First, this is the development forum and you should be posting in general or q&a. If you did that you would see there are so many threads with this exact same question. The same response would be, "please dont submit this type of question".
This has a tendancy to lead folk into pitting one persons work against anothers with harsh criticism.
This also tells me you are not reading. Any bugs you list are either already known about rom or are due to an unclean process of flashing.

My suggestion is decide what type of user your sister is and read up on some roms to see if the suit her needs. Every phone is going to run every rom with different degrees of success.
Make sure your process is clean and take some for a test drive. Let them settle for a day or two though to give it a fair chance.

Keep us posted.

sorry i thought i was posting in the general , i guess i somehow ended up in development and didn realize.
2nd April 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,047

1,568 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomslang06

sorry i thought i was posting in the general , i guess i somehow ended up in development and didn realize.

Maybe a moderator could move it to the general threads. Please dont take my post harshly. I certainly would not be flashing anything for my sister, but maybe you get along better with yours. I just wouldnt want to be responsible for maintaining her phone if she is going to be finicky about something.
Just a heads up on the battery stats though.....the more recent your OS is, your battery life will dwindle. Even if she is the most moderate user, expect to charge every night. Your not going to get better life than anybody else.
But nobody in development will be able to help unless your flashing is as clean as you can.

2nd April 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,817

8,467 posts
More
Moved, and as "Best" can only be determined by the individual user, and as all the roms here are excellent and as XDA is not a support site - members are expected to make this decision on their own.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread