I am a HTC Tornado user and I had in plan to buy TP.. but because of the TP's bugs I'll wait a while.. I really don't understand why HTC don't do more tests before release it?! Many of their issues are corrected by xda-dev community.
I want to gather all the issues in one topic, one post. This post will be edited as new issues/bugs are found. This will be useful for potential buyers - they should know that TP is not perfect. Ok, I will bypass the lack of the softkeys and the camera dedicated button. (you may ask, what's the sense to have softkeys if you can touch the buttons with your finger/stylus... but I will ask you back: what you will do if the application is in fullscreen mode? )
I know there's a topic for Raphel issues but It's hard to follow all the pages.. so here it's an summary. As I said, I want to update the list as more known issues are found. You can contribute with issues so I can update the post (post the way I posted so it will be easy to me to copy /paste..).
We should send this list to htc, maybe they will try to fix these bugs (many of them are software related)
The post will be slitted into two parts. Active problems and solved one.
This is not a complete list
I. CONSTRUCTION ISSUES
- D-PAD design: Unresponsive buttons: every now and then the "right" button of the D-Pad does nothing, then suddenly it will start working again, same with the "Back" button though much more infrequent/noticable than the D-Pad issue I've experienced. HINT! -> HERE, or video here
- Touch Pro wobbly keyboard issue
II. GENERAL MAJOR ISSUES
- Poor GPS (chipset or software implementation?): ~50m+ lag, overheating gps, loose signal
- Landscape redraw issue. Videos and more info HERE
- poor directdraw, framebuffer/video performance. Just to make an idea: an old device from 2005 with omap 850 200mhz CPU performs better in this area than the touch pro @ qualcomm 528mhz. what a shame. The test were done in this topic (in romanian, sorry). CorePlayer was used for benchmark. I will summarize.
- HTC Tornado overclocked (262Mhz) max performance: 174.22%
- Touch Pro max performance: 172,67%
Both in Raw framebuffer mode. When used QTV it gains only 162,64%. How come?
It's pitty, 262Mhz from OMAP performs better than 528!!!Mhz from Qualcomm?!
The video used for tests is this one. (320x240 @ 25FPS)
- Bugs with key mappings (on qwerty keyboard). This means you cannot use the qwerty for playing your favorite emulated & ported games (eg: DOS emulator, Picodrive, SNES, Doom 1, etc etc). WORK-AROUND: here
- There's a damn 'break' (for <=1/2sec) at a (random) interval while listeing to music! This issue is also present in Diamond. More info HERE
- low speaker/buzzer volume (lower than previous htc phones) WORK-AROUND: here
III. GENERAL MINOR ISSUES
- Touch Flo 3D has slowdowns times
- FM radio reception is not the best
- Camera bug. More details here. Quote: "Camera application is buggy! Slow zoom, touch and focus works only after a dumb picture, after some focuses the auto focus stops to work. I tested it with 3 phones." (nickba)
- TouchFlo3D calendar issue
IV. ISOLATED ISSUES (eg: doesn't happen to all, may be software or hardware related, not sure)
- Random shutdowns during night or unresponsive device after overnight / long charge
- Microphone has delay when answering calls (this seems to be network dependent - orange users seems to have this problem)
- Some users claims that TP has bad reception
- Broken Screen Issue
- Device is hanging with horizontal grey stripes over the screen
V. HARDWARE ISSUES (eg: device/mainboard must be replaced)
- Sometimes, when answering a call the phone "mute" itself. So, you wouldn't hear the caller voice. You have to soft reset the device.
- It takes a while to find satellites position (take a fix). One solution is to use the Quick GPS app, but you need an active data connection.
- Task Manager / TF3D terminates every running application. (Tip by vicott):
-- Use Advanced Configuration Tool
-- change "File system cache" la 8MB.
-- change "file system filter cache" la 131072.
-- change "Glyph cache" la 32KB.
-- Try to change HKCU > Software > HTC > Task Manager > EnableAutoKill = 0
You may check also "Raphael Tweaks" topic.
Other tweaking tools: Advanced Config Tool, Diamond Config.
Data was collected from different forums / threads. Big thanks to all the contributors.
Finally, too bad that dreams aren't true. TP does not deserve it's price. Don't get me wrong.. it has some really nice features but those bugs takes the device donw!
I really miss the old HTC..
ISOLATED/DO NOT COUNT:[*]LED under the "send" key does not work anymore