FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to flash a kernel?

28th March 2014, 12:51 AM |#1  
Darrien13's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I just wanted to know how do I flash a kernel? I'm on an aosp ROM and wanted to flash a kernel before I applied an update to the ROM. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Darrien13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
28th March 2014, 01:03 AM |#2  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,813
 
More
If you don't know how to flash a kernel I don't know how you were able to install a ROM as its nearly the same process.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 02:36 AM |#3  
Darrien13's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

If you don't know how to flash a kernel I don't know how you were able to install a ROM as its nearly the same process.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Always that one person.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th March 2014, 02:38 AM |#4  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,813
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrien13

Always that one person.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Referring to me or yourself?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 01:16 PM |#5  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,663
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrien13

I just wanted to know how do I flash a kernel? I'm on an aosp ROM and wanted to flash a kernel before I applied an update to the ROM. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yea you just flash it in recovery then typically wipe Cache/Dalvic afterwards. However if you're flashing a ROM update you're going to want to flash the kernel after that since ROMs contain their own kernel that would just wipe out the one you flashed prior.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes