Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Note fell down.. no screen, no response..what to do?

Tip us?

noblejose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] My Note fell down.. no screen, no response..what to do?

My note (SM-P605) fell down from a table to floor (around 4ft height only), just half an hour back
No visible marks/ scratch externally.
The tab was on when it fell.. and it was in a book case (a MOKO well made case). I just couldn't understand that it can't withstand such a small fall? even inside a good case?
i could see the tab screen when i picked it up - but the screen was kind of washed display the YELLOW tone was MISSING when i saw. I pressed power button to shutdown.. screen went blank and no response after that. Now sometimes when i press power button, the captive buttons are turning on and I could feel a bit of vibration.. and a ring (notification tone) - no screen.

How to do a force re-start.. as I can't pull the battery.

Help please

noblejose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default update - I was able to connect via USB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblejose View Post
My note (SM-P605) fell down from a table to floor (around 4ft height only), just half an hour back
No visible marks/ scratch externally.
The tab was on when it fell.. and it was in a book case (a MOKO well made case). I just couldn't understand that it can't withstand such a small fall? even inside a good case?
i could see the tab screen when i picked it up - but the screen was kind of washed display the YELLOW tone was MISSING when i saw. I pressed power button to shutdown.. screen went blank and no response after that. Now sometimes when i press power button, the captive buttons are turning on and I could feel a bit of vibration.. and a ring (notification tone) - no screen.

How to do a force re-start.. as I can't pull the battery.

Help please
Connected via USB, just copied all my data. now all hardware buttons responds. (incl vol keys).. so I guess the problem is with SCREEN now. Is there any way to check screen ? mirroring or so?

jinda628
Old
Thanks Meter 49
That was unfortunate. My note fell from the roof of my suv while I was driving about 40mph. Remembered that it was on the roof, checked it and it was gone.
Drove back 2 miles and found it lying on the middle of the road.

Turned it on and still working. All four edges of the leather case is scratched like it rolled on the road.
My devices now and then:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Google Nexus 5
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II
Google Nexus 10
HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G

slippern
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You're not the first one to experience that..
Please read this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2685535

Same **** happened to my note too...

The company that deals with warranty received the tablet to day
Hope they repair it asap

natosports
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Man, this would make a grown man cry. :'(

noblejose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up update - device is back :) up and running :)

Thanks to: XDA - for this wonderful platform
Thanks to: dandeli21 and ch!no
Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617614
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzrRu8PB2Y
(slightly conflicting info on back cover removal, the video shows removal from front glass (so the back cover with steel painted sides will stay together) but the pictures in the above xda thread show to removing the back cover only (without the steel finished sides); I've followed the later.

My piece of tip: Since I didn't had a pry tool or any sophisticated tools for mobile repairing, I've used one of my old Credit Card! to use as a pry

Thank you all! and don't drop your tab! And for all those facing similar issues, give it a try! All the best!
Tags
note 10.1 2014, note 10.1 2014 edition, note display is dead, tab fell down