Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How can I access my ebooks on another tablet?

OP kisrita

27th March 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94

417 posts
More
I bought some ebooks with the Samsung credit we got with this device. But I really don't want to read on such a large tablet. Can I access these books on another device? I would rather read on my Nexus 7, but I can't figure out a way to get my books there. I couldn't even find a way to access the on Samsung Note 8 tablet. It doesn't seem reasonable to sell books that can only be read on a single device, so I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out how to access content I purchased on another tablet.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app
27th March 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

184 posts
There are applications that provide this option, though your device must be rooted.

Via my Note 3
28th March 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

417 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BclingergFJ

There are applications that provide this option, though your device must be rooted.

Via my Note 3

Can you share more info? Point me to the apps? My Nexus 7 and my Note 8 are both rooted. My Note 10 isn't, but I willing to root it if it helps.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
28th March 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #4  

184 posts
Check out fBook.

Sent via my Note 8
28th March 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

417 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BclingergFJ

Check out fBook.

Sent via my Note 8

Facebook? That's the only reference I can find to "fBook".

Btw, I tried installing Samsung Hub on my less than one year old (rooted) Samsung Note 8 and it installs but crashes on opening. Same result as on my Nexus 7 with build.prop edited to look like it's a Galaxy S4.

It is just insane that Samsung sells ebooks that aren't compatible with their own tablets.
How can I ever trust Samsung enough to purchase anything from them if what they sell isn't even compatible between the same family of devices of the current generation?!?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app
28th March 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #6  

184 posts
FBook is an ebook application.

Via my Note 3
28th March 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 7

102 posts
More
"Rooted" being key here. They expect it to tun on the stock system. They cannot allow for hundreds of rooted options.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
28th March 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #8  

184 posts
Right on the rooting, nothing special. FBook is the reader I used, it is no longer available. There are others that provide that option though.

Via my Note 3
31st March 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

417 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonling

"Rooted" being key here. They expect it to tun on the stock system. They cannot allow for hundreds of rooted options.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Are you saying the reason the Samsung hub app crashes on my Note 8 and Nexus 7 is because they are rooted?
I still have made no progress accessing my ebooks I purchased on my Note 10.1 (2014) on any other device,
Any help is appreciated.

31st March 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 750

3,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisrita

Are you saying the reason the Samsung hub app crashes on my Note 8 and Nexus 7 is because they are rooted?
I still have made no progress accessing my ebooks I purchased on my Note 10.1 (2014) on any other device,
Any help is appreciated.

It's probably framework dependant just like a lot of the TouchWiz apps. The note 8.0 should have Samsung hub by default though, assuming you haven't debloated it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread