[Q] Failed to root s4

OP sarahui27

31st March 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Im new here and I'm hope in the correct forum. Sorry my English isn't the best but Ill try to explain, maybe someone can help me.
I've never rooted a phone before. I was just trying to root my Samsung Galaxy S4 4G(Australia) with ODIN and my phone now stuck with the blue colour legend Recovery booting for at least 6 hours now. i think i put the wrong tar. file in PDA. i unplugged the battery and put it back in but once i press the power button it switch to the blue colour legend Recovery booting again >!<is there any chance that i can fix it and can anyone help me plz..i'm freaking out
Last edited by sarahui27; 31st March 2014 at 02:35 PM.
31st March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,680

8,336 posts
More
Pull out the battery and see if you can boot into download mode by holding power and down volume. If so some warning screen will pop up and continue. If this works you should be able to recover the phone with the right tar rile.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Just to be sure you have the SPRINT Samsung Galaxy S4. Known as the SPH-L720?

2nd April 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Pull out the battery and see if you can boot into download mode by holding power and down volume. If so some warning screen will pop up and continue. If this works you should be able to recover the phone with the right tar rile.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Just to be sure you have the SPRINT Samsung Galaxy S4. Known as the SPH-L720?

is it possible for me to factory data reset?
i can boot into download mode and restart the phone, but once i tried to factory reset, my phone turn back to the blue colour legend Recovery booting plz help!!
2nd April 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,680

8,336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahui27

is it possible for me to factory data reset?
i can boot into download mode and restart the phone, but once i tried to factory reset, my phone turn back to the blue colour legend Recovery booting plz help!!

First list what exact model number your galaxy s4 is. If the phone doesn't boot it should say on the back of the phone when you take off the battery.

Once you do that you should boot into download mode and Odin the correct tar. That should boot you right up then you can perform a factory reset.

3rd April 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

First list what exact model number your galaxy s4 is. If the phone doesn't boot it should say on the back of the phone when you take off the battery.

Once you do that you should boot into download mode and Odin the correct tar. That should boot you right up then you can perform a factory reset.

my model number is GT-I9506. does that mean rooting it is the only way to fix it?? case i dun want to root it anymore, i'm so scared that i will end up bricking my phone.crying:
3rd April 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #6  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,965

3,797 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahui27

my model number is GT-I9506. does that mean rooting it is the only way to fix it?? case i dun want to root it anymore, i'm so scared that i will end up bricking my phone.crying:

You're in the Sprint S4 forums. You need to look for the International S4 thread that has your Odin tar file then flash that. You should be just fine. Either search here for it or Google " xda i9505" and that'll find it for you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Here's a pretty good thread on your phone http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701681

Nor sure if an Odin file is there but looks like recoveries , roms and root info definitely is. Plus they can answer your questions better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread