No registration required

My status bar is burned in.

OP Aftcomet

28th March 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
More
On my S3 that's almost going to be 2 years old now, the status bar has left a ghosted image. So when I'm watching NHL Game center or anything that is full screen its extremely noticeable.

Anyway, I'm going to try an app that flashes RGB in a cycle for the night at full brightness to see if anything changes.

I thought OLEDs weren't prone to burn in?
28th March 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #2  
dallaS
Thanks Meter: 21

531 posts
More
you were misinformed ..
They can burn in over time .
28th March 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 50

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftcomet

On my S3 that's almost going to be 2 years old now, the status bar has left a ghosted image. So when I'm watching NHL Game center or anything that is full screen its extremely noticeable.

Anyway, I'm going to try an app that flashes RGB in a cycle for the night at full brightness to see if anything changes.

I thought OLEDs weren't prone to burn in?

From Wikipedia :

Plasma displays were once highly susceptible to burn-in, while LCD-type displays are generally less so. Because of the more rapid luminance degradation of current organic compounds used in OLED-type displays, OLED is even more susceptible to burn-in than plasma
28th March 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
More
Well I ran a program called "Screen Burn-In Tool" that's on Google Play. Set the phone to full brightness, and ran it overnight for about 12 hours.

It's reduced the burn-in significantly. Now it's only really noticeable on a completely Blue screen. Other than that, on other colors it's virtually gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aftcomet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread