Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 37,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App][4.0+] Complex Numbers Calculator

Tip us?

WeissenbornC
Old
(Last edited by WeissenbornC; 12th May 2014 at 09:27 AM.) Reason: App name changed
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Tutorial [App][4.0+] Complex Numbers Calculator

Hello XDADevs,

I have built an Android App that should work as a calculator for complex numbers. It can do simple tasks such as add two numbers but can also factorize a polynomial or solve one for its roots. I have created different layouts for Smartphones and Tablets and would like feedback from user here. Of course, anyone is welcome, but I'd especially like someone with a mathmatical background to try and make my calculations break. Results can be easily shared in text format.

The app can be downloaded via Google Play here and is available in english and german:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...complexnumbers

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to WeissenbornC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HTCDreamOn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 679
@WeissenbornC I have a further maths exam in a few months which includes lots of this sort of stuff, and although I wasn't looking for an app like this, I saw the name had "numbers" in and was interested it looks like it would definitely be useful for checking if I've correctly found roots of polynomials like you say and things like that; I'll do some revision over the weekend and see if your app gets the right answers! (Hopefully I will too )
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamryanx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeissenbornC View Post
Hello XDADevs,

I have built an Android App that should work as a calculator for complex numbers. It can do simple tasks such as add two numbers but can also factorize a polynomial or solve one for its roots. I have created different layouts for Smartphones and Tablets and would like feedback from user here. Of course, anyone is welcome, but I'd especially like someone with a mathmatical background to try and make my calculations break. Results can be easily shared in text format.

The app can be downloaded via Google Play here and is available in english and german:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...complexnumbers

Looks great!

allen_k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
good job
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) Hello Everyone ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Phones :
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (Omega Rom v19)
Samsung Galaxy Note2 GT-N7100 (Dr Ketan Rom)
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082
Samsung Galaxy SII and SII Plus
Samsung Galaxy Tab plus and Tab 2 Plus

P.S: I dont like samsung

surf_dan
Old
Thanks Meter 109
As another mathematician from Bonn - I like this app

The Following User Says Thank You to surf_dan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beemerTPPC
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8
Sounds useful

I'm looking forward to return home and test this with my tablet, specially the matriz part...
Miguel Sesma (beemer)

Sector1369
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up great work

super great ...
Saying THANKS is a basic manner in any civilization.
Same applies in xda. That's why THANKS button exist.
It's a good habit to say thanks to anyone who is trying to help

WeissenbornC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn View Post
I'll do some revision over the weekend and see if your app gets the right answers! (Hopefully I will too )
Thanks, I hope the app will help. The limitation is that results are found as decimal values, e.g. the square root of 2 will be 1.41... The exact result depends on the number format, which you can set yourself in the settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf_dan View Post
As another mathematician from Bonn - I like this app
Hello there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerTPPC View Post
specially the matriz part...
I hope I didn't disappoint too much: The matrix part leads to my other app on the playstore, which is free for real (meaning java double) numbers, but does cost money for complex numbers. The amount of money should be less than your average chocolate bar however.

Thanks all for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to WeissenbornC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WeissenbornC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I wanted to thank you guys for bringing my app to the front page. I was surprised and it still gets me smiling to this day that the best resource I know out there on mobile development noticed my little dot on the screen of the app world.

I also changed the name of the app to "Complex Numbers Calculator", because, after all, to be seen takes more than making a great app today.