Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][APR 14][4.3][MJE] Incognito v1.1.1 | Slim & ODEXed for Speed & Efficiency |

Tip us?

mlin
Old
(Last edited by mlin; 20th April 2014 at 06:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,012
Default [ROM][APR 14][4.3][MJE] Incognito v1.1.1 | Slim & ODEXed for Speed & Efficiency |

***** Incognito ROM v1.1.1 *****

Disclaimer
Code:
I am not responsible for anything you do with your device. By downloading 
and installing this ROM, you waived any responsibility on my part in perpetuity 
throughout the known universe.

About incognito ROM
  • Stock look and feel
  • Stable
  • Odexed for speed and efficiency
  • No added themes
  • Minimal mods

Features
  • Based off JSS15J.N900VVRUBMJE.tar Verizon Shipped ROM & Scott's MJE base
  • Odexed
  • Zipaligned apks
  • Rooted
  • Init.d support
  • Unlocked tether
  • Busybox installed
  • Enabled camera shutter sound toggle
  • Enabled AOSP navbar
  • Scripts to freeze/unfreeze or uninstall bloatware (found in /sdcard/incognito/scripts)
  • Uniquely Debloated - No apps removed, only disabled.
  • Fixed camera/transition scale bug

Installation instructions
  • Check MD5: v1.1.1: 82b320f6ed6a0aa5c7807a3e6ca4ea78
  • Root and Safe Strap Recovery 3.65/3.71 are required
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Select ROM slot, create new if necessary
  • Full Wipe (Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Check: Dalvik Cache, Data, Cache, System
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot to System
  • YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT ONCE ON ITS OWN ROUGHLY 2-3 MINUTES AFTER THE SETUP WIZARD LAUNCHES. WAIT TO SET UP YOUR PHONE UNTIL THIS OCCURS. THIS IS NORMAL AND NOT A BUG. THE DEBLOATING SCRIPT THAT RUNS AT FIRST BOOT HAS A REBOOT COMMAND AT THE END TO SORT OF CLEAN UP AFTER FREEZING. THE SCRIPT DELETES ITSELF WHEN DONE SO THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME THIS HAPPENS!

Changelog
Code:
v1.1.1 04-14-2014
Fixed SmartCard Manager force close
Fixed Voice toggle not working
Update to newest tether hack thanks @scrosler

v1.1 04-11-2014
Fixed camera/transition scale bug
Unlock tether (thanks @scrosler)
Add Init.d support
Debloated by default 
Clean up a few items 
Disabled boot sound
Removed empty Amazon folder

v1.0 03-27-2014
*** Initial release ***

Downloads

FAQ
Quote:
Q: Why Odexed, isn't deodexed better for theming?
A: Yes, deodexed is easier to theme since all necessary files are contained within the apk. However, odex standing for optimized dalvik executable is exactly that, optimized. Because of this odex is faster and more efficient.

Q: Why does my phone reboot on the first boot?
A: I wanted to debloat the ROM, but not remove apps that users may want. My solution was to write a script that runs on first boot and freezes ~65 apps or so. In this script I wrote a reboot command to sort of clean things up after freezing. This script also self destructs so following the first boot, it deletes itself to assure it never runs again.

Q: Will this ROM be packed full of tweaks and modifications in the future?
A: No. It's my opinion that with the plethora of modifications available via xposed framework, that packing a ROM with those same options is unnecessary and redundant. In addition, I think its best to leave it up to the user to decide which mods they want in the ROM. Regarding "tweaks," I am open to suggestions of mods that people find generally useful. However, if these changes cause issues in the ROM then they will be removed. I will be including a custom settings menu in the future, ideally embedded in the developer options to keep with the incognito nature of the ROM. This menu will only contain modifications not possible/present with xposed modules.

Q: How can I tell which version of the ROM I'm running?
A: Remember what you flashed. Again, to keep with the incognito nature of the ROM, you will not see any labeling or branding anywhere in the ROM. Settings>About phone will look exactlty as if you were running a stock ROM.

Q: Will you remove the ugly Verizon boot animation?
A: No. Again, I want this ROM to appear as stock as possible. I will however enable the end user with the ability to change the boot animation as they desire.

Q: How often will this ROM be updated?
A: As long as there are no bugs, not very frequently. This ROM is designed to provide a simple, stable, enhanced stock experience that can be reliably used for extended periods of time. However, if bugs pop up, then I will do my best to fix them right away.

Q: What is your build number convention?
A: x.x.x Base changes.Feature additions.Bug fixes. e.g. the KitKat build, when it comes, will be 2.0
Thanks To/Credits
|| @dsixda || @JustArchi || @Chainfire || @Hashcode || @bajasur || @nitroglycerine33 || @sbreen94 || @scrosler || @Surge1223 ||

XDA:DevDB Information
Incognito ROM, a ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
mlin
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1.1
Stable Release Date: 2014-04-14

Created 2014-03-27
Last Updated 2014-04-14
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Device: HTC One M8
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Misterxtc
Old
Thanks Meter 779
Thanks, Cool I'll give it a try... Good to see a new ROM coming.

beepea206
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Nice one. Good to see a nav bar in a rom. I know we can activate it with the build prop, but I like it toggled in a rom.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mlin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepea206 View Post
Nice one. Good to see a nav bar in a rom. I know we can activate it with the build prop, but I like it toggled in a rom.

Just to clarify, its not enabled by default. I simply edited the SystemUI.apk so that it could be enabled via the standard build.prop edit or via GravityBox (or possibly some other xposed module). Also note, the navbar uses the AOSP orientation and icons so back is on the left and recent apps is on the right.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beepea206
Old
Thanks Meter 174
True. I tried gravity box on stock and it narsed me up with a system ui force close loop. I have it manually coded into the build prop at the moment.

mlin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,012
Apparently there is a bottleneck in the upload, won't be done for at least a few more hours. I'll post here when the download is ready.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stryver
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Smithers would be proud... lol nice to see you in the dev section. Can't wait to see what you will cook up...

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

xterra91
Old
Thanks Meter 64
The base is good to go ran last couple of days no issues

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to xterra91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paulsg63
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Apparently there is a bottleneck in the upload, won't be done for at least a few more hours. I'll post here when the download is ready.
Still uploading!? Wow, hope its done soon.. This will quell my ROM flashing addiction for a minute..

THANKS!

mlin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
Still uploading!? Wow, hope its done soon.. This will quell my ROM flashing addiction for a minute..

THANKS!
Yeah, sorry. This is the third attempt and its almost done.