New to forum. Not sure where to post.

OP glnwst

26th March 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have an Ematic EM63 that froze on me one day and now refuses to boot. I've tried to factory reset but it also just freezes and never completes. Can anyone help me with getting this tablet usable again? I wonder if reflashing the stock rom would work but of course I never backed up the tablet and can't find a stock rom image anywhere on the internet.
27th March 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 9,965

11,328 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread moved
27th March 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag New York

11,328 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glnwst

I have an Ematic EM63 that froze on me one day and now refuses to boot. I've tried to factory reset but it also just freezes and never completes. Can anyone help me with getting this tablet usable again? I wonder if reflashing the stock rom would work but of course I never backed up the tablet and can't find a stock rom image anywhere on the internet.

You may have to check the user manual (p.33) or contact the company directly. Other than that, I don't see much support for this tablet.
27th March 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
The customer support for this company is terrible. I called and explained that I'm unable to factory reset and all they did was send me an email explaining how to. If I could somehow find the stock rom for this tablet I think I might be able to fix it that way. Problem is that since it's not a popular tablet I can't seem to find one anywhere on the internet. If anyone has this tablet and could send me the stock rom for it that would be great.

I've had problems with the tablet ever since I purchased it. I warn anyone thinking about buying this tablet or any products from this company to stay clear.
28th March 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #5  
Flag New York

11,328 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glnwst

The customer support for this company is terrible. I called and explained that I'm unable to factory reset and all they did was send me an email explaining how to. If I could somehow find the stock rom for this tablet I think I might be able to fix it that way. Problem is that since it's not a popular tablet I can't seem to find one anywhere on the internet. If anyone has this tablet and could send me the stock rom for it that would be great.

I've had problems with the tablet ever since I purchased it. I warn anyone thinking about buying this tablet or any products from this company to stay clear.

Unfortunately, that's the problem with buying generic tablets, there's often little to no support. The benefit of buying brand name tablets is that the opposite is true. Of course you have to pay a bit more but it's worth it in the long run.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread