Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Private gallery?

Tip us?

E30Nova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Private gallery?

This should probably go in like a "general Android" forum, but since I don't really stray from the Note 2 forum, I figured I'd ask here.

Is there a way to keep photos from showing up in the Photos/Gallery apps? I have some special pictures () of my wife on my phone that I don't want showing up when I let someone see my phone to show them a random pic. I mean, yeah, I could take them off the phone, but I don't want to lmao.

Or maybe a setting somewhere? I didn't see anything in the Photos app...
Evo 4G - retired
Galaxy Note 2 - gone
HTC One (M8) - current daily driver

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30Nova View Post
This should probably go in like a "general Android" forum, but since I don't really stray from the Note 2 forum, I figured I'd ask here.

Is there a way to keep photos from showing up in the Photos/Gallery apps? I have some special pictures () of my wife on my phone that I don't want showing up when I let someone see my phone to show them a random pic. I mean, yeah, I could take them off the phone, but I don't want to lmao.

Or maybe a setting somewhere? I didn't see anything in the Photos app...
I'd just move them to a subfolder and create a .nomedia file in it. This lets the scanner know to skip that folder and it won't show up in gallery.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcollier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

E30Nova
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Ha, works perfectly, thanks!

Now, is there an easier way to view them other than removing the file? Are there apps that can view pictures even with that file?
Evo 4G - retired
Galaxy Note 2 - gone
HTC One (M8) - current daily driver

wolfeyes30
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Try Quickpic from play store. You can hide and show folders quickly from the menu button. Also an option to exclude folders. Way better than stock gallery imo.