Private gallery?

OP E30Nova

28th March 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Bernardino
Thanks Meter: 31

349 posts
More
This should probably go in like a "general Android" forum, but since I don't really stray from the Note 2 forum, I figured I'd ask here.

Is there a way to keep photos from showing up in the Photos/Gallery apps? I have some special pictures () of my wife on my phone that I don't want showing up when I let someone see my phone to show them a random pic. I mean, yeah, I could take them off the phone, but I don't want to lmao.

Or maybe a setting somewhere? I didn't see anything in the Photos app...
28th March 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 146

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30Nova

This should probably go in like a "general Android" forum, but since I don't really stray from the Note 2 forum, I figured I'd ask here.

Is there a way to keep photos from showing up in the Photos/Gallery apps? I have some special pictures () of my wife on my phone that I don't want showing up when I let someone see my phone to show them a random pic. I mean, yeah, I could take them off the phone, but I don't want to lmao.

Or maybe a setting somewhere? I didn't see anything in the Photos app...

I'd just move them to a subfolder and create a .nomedia file in it. This lets the scanner know to skip that folder and it won't show up in gallery.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcollier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Bernardino
Thanks Meter: 31

349 posts
More
Ha, works perfectly, thanks!

Now, is there an easier way to view them other than removing the file? Are there apps that can view pictures even with that file?
29th March 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #4  
Flag NE OHIO
Thanks Meter: 325

617 posts
More
Try Quickpic from play store. You can hide and show folders quickly from the menu button. Also an option to exclude folders. Way better than stock gallery imo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread