S4 MK6 Help??

OP dssking

8th April 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

228 posts
My S4 has MK6 (resulted from the 4.3 update OTA as I pulled it out of the box), rooted and TWRP installed.
Currently running Skyfall 4.4.2 ROM. Battery life seems HORRIBLE and the vibration is VERY week (with each ROM i've tried).
Also running the Zerolemon 7500mah Battery that doesn't seem to fully charge, but drains quickly.

The question is that if I take 4.4.2 from samsung mobile's site and load via Odin, will it lock up the phone from being rooted and
installing custom recovery again?

So far, I"m unhappy with the S4..... but it's my own fault for rooting and testing ROMs, I suppose..... but that's all I ever did with my
S3 with very positive results.

Suggestions and help guys???

Thanks
DSSKing
8th April 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 192

1,152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssking

My S4 has MK6 (resulted from the 4.3 update OTA as I pulled it out of the box), rooted and TWRP installed.
Currently running Skyfall 4.4.2 ROM. Battery life seems HORRIBLE and the vibration is VERY week (with each ROM i've tried).
Also running the Zerolemon 7500mah Battery that doesn't seem to fully charge, but drains quickly.

The question is that if I take 4.4.2 from samsung mobile's site and load via Odin, will it lock up the phone from being rooted and
installing custom recovery again?

So far, I"m unhappy with the S4..... but it's my own fault for rooting and testing ROMs, I suppose..... but that's all I ever did with my
S3 with very positive results.

Suggestions and help guys???

Thanks
DSSKing

The sammobile may change your bootloader, if you stay on 4.3 your bootloader will stay MK6 which means you can use a 4.4.2 rom or 4.3 rom, if you update the bootloader to NC1 you will only be able to load 4.4.2 roms. You don't mention what baseband your on so I will assume it is MK6. You may see some battery improvement going to NC1 modem (flashed through odin PC ... twice.. you will see in the instructions) I am sure there are some near stock roms out there for 4.4.2 ... Mapleleaf is close to stock. As for battery life, it depends on what you have running on the phone. I can get 2 days on mine if I don't fool around too much. urrently 2 days 4 hours 37 minutes, screen on time 1 hour 23 minutes... 40% left... I turn off all data after 10pm and don't have gps running. You can check what is using the battery with wake lock detector, maybe you have a something that is not allowing the phone to go to deep sleep.
9th April 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

228 posts
Thank you! Valuable info! Yes, baseband is MK6...... I'll try loading the 4.4.2 from sammboile and see what happens.........

Will post results.

Any suggestions on other ROMs for our Canadian S4? I like TW ... Can't stand the look of AOSP
9th April 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 192

1,152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssking

Thank you! Valuable info! Yes, baseband is MK6...... I'll try loading the 4.4.2 from sammboile and see what happens.........

Will post results.

Any suggestions on other ROMs for our Canadian S4? I like TW ... Can't stand the look of AOSP

Try Mapleleaf .. its 4.4.2 tw pretty much stock except the kernel I have been running it for over a month now, no reboots or issues.... probably want to update your baseband to NC1, won't affect your bootloader, just modem. It is important to follow the instructions with PC odin (take off auto reboot flag) and wait for it to finish. I flashed it twice as the instructions suggest doing so.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread